View Full Version : Problem synching two computers

alderran
02-23-2004, 02:59 AM
I have an IPAQ 4155. I have an exchange email account. I read mail both at home and work. At work over the LAN and at home using VPN to get into the LAN. I would like to be able to synch both at home and at work.

My problem is whenever I create a partnership on one computer and then go to synch on the other it tells me I can't because the PDA already has another partnership. Not sure why it's doing this.

What I have been doing is deleting the partnership on the desktop everytime I change location and then create a new single computer partnership. That works because it's the same email account anyway. Is that the only way to get this to work?

Janak Parekh
02-23-2004, 03:02 AM
Unfortunately, only one machine can do email sync.

The best workaround, IMHO, is to not to try and email sync on both sides, but rather to program Inbox with a POP3 or IMAP account and have it pull a copy of the email directly.

--janak

alderran
02-23-2004, 03:07 AM
Actually the way I am doing it works okay. Tomorrow morning when I go to work I'll just pull up active synch delete the partnership that's there from last Friday when I was hooked up. Then plug in my IPAQ and run through the wizard to synch with only that desktop...

Works okay I was just wondering if there was a better way.

I tried chatting with tech support and they advised that I buy some software called SynchManager. Which I did but it doesn't seem to help my problem at all. Oh well that was $10 down the drain

Brad Adrian
02-23-2004, 03:19 AM
...I'll just pull up active synch delete the partnership that's there from last Friday...
If that works for you, that's great. When I delete/create a new partnership, it usually takes a good 30 minutes to synch everything.

Good luck!

alderran
02-23-2004, 11:41 AM
...I'll just pull up active synch delete the partnership that's there from last Friday...
If that works for you, that's great. When I delete/create a new partnership, it usually takes a good 30 minutes to synch everything.

Good luck!

Sounds like you got either something wrong or a million things to do.... don't know which is worse :?