View Full Version : is the HD hack dead...

poxtomod
01-09-2007, 06:22 AM
I just performed the HD hack and can see the Zune as a drive, but am unable to load videos that are in WMV ( they have not been re-encoded by Zune software). I came across one guy elsewhere and he asked the same question but no one answered him back. So is it "fixed" by the last firmware update? Or not

Jason Dunn
01-21-2007, 09:34 PM
Tough to say - the HD hack is a bit voodoo-ish, I never had it working properly. I was able to see my Zune in My Computer, but couldn't move ANYTHING off or on. Then, I think after a Zune desktop software update (1.2) it no longer shows up in My Computer. So, yes, I think perhaps Microsoft is doing some work behind the scenes to close this "hole"...which is unfortunate considering they're not giving us a REAL solution.

bvtiger09
01-23-2007, 05:52 AM
Ya I think 1.2 fixed the hack. I didn't like it anyways because you had to have the Zune Software installed on every machine you wanted to use. But hopefully Microsoft will enable it as an external HD.

Jason Dunn
01-23-2007, 04:14 PM
But hopefully Microsoft will enable it as an external HD.

Yeah, I'm really hoping they do as well...you gotta' think that they've seen the pent-up demand for this and will give us a solution. I hope. :confused: