View Full Version : Logitech MX 900 + iPAQ 2215 = is it a good choice ?

Eraserhead
02-21-2004, 08:47 PM
I was wondering of buying the MX 900 Bluetooth mouse and use the receiver as a Bluetooth dongle to connect my PPC to my desktop, is the MX 900 a good choice? Those of you that have done it is it difficult? What about the Bluetooth range is it good or bad?

Any answer's would be great.

Jereboam
02-21-2004, 10:37 PM
I recently bought the Cordless Desktop MX for Bluetooth which of course includes the MX900 mouse...what can I say? It's expensive but utterly brilliant. The mouse is perfectly shaped, with great button placement, and has won me back to rodents after having been a hardcore trackball user for years.

Transferring files between my Vaio laptop, iPaq and desktop is now a piece of cake. It honestly, really does make using several devices much easier.

Note though - I haven't actually attempted to Activesync with it as I sync over wifi with my laptop...the Vaio Bluetooth implementation stinks/sucks/blows and won't allow me to Activesync over Bluetooth. Seeing as full instructions are given on Logitech's site, I can only assume it works perfectly though.

The reason Logitech wins over the MS offerings is because it uses a standard Bluetooth stack, which means things talk to each other - IIRC MS's isn't standard.

I highly recommend the combo, but the mouse is a good start. The Setpoint software, which I assume is the same with just the mouse, also gives you a very useful SMS program, so you can send and recieve SMS text messages from your desktop, syncing with a GSM BT mobile.

If you get it make sure you get the updates from Logitech's site, there are a few already.

J'bm