View Full Version : Where are you in the geek hierarchy?

Ed Hansberry
02-19-2004, 05:21 AM
http://www.brunching.com/geekhierarchy.html

senfeng
02-19-2004, 07:47 AM
Wow. I'm just about everything below published sci-fi author and above furry. :D

Talldog
02-19-2004, 01:03 PM
I don't buy the basic premise of the hierarchy, because I don't think that RPGers and science fiction fans comprise a majority of the geek universe.

Jon Westfall
02-19-2004, 01:58 PM
While I fall into the Trekkies who speak klingon spot, I also think there should be some computer component to this flowchart.

Steven Cedrone
02-19-2004, 02:01 PM
The unabridged version is definitely better!

Steve

Sheynk
02-20-2004, 02:02 AM
While I fall into the Trekkies who speak klingon spot, I also think there should be some computer component to this flowchart.

The branches will not fit on ANY screen in that case

PC fanatic with a palm
PC fanatic with a ppc
PC fanatic that writes erotic stories about their pc and palms...

etc etc etc

Kati Compton
02-20-2004, 03:12 AM
Well, if published sci-fi authors is level 1, I'm firmly in level 4. As is my husband.

Geekiest Star Trek moments:

==> Being at CES, seeing a Klingon walk by, not thinking "oh, that's someone *dressed* as a Klingon", and not thinking it was weird (even out of context) that a Klingon would walk by.

==> Going to see First Contact opening night, getting p***ed when we saw some idiot shining a laser pointer on the screen, turning around and seeing it was a borg, turning around and saying "well, that's okay then."

PS - my favorite Piers Anthony (reference to unabridged chart) series is the Incarnations of Immortality. Seconded by the Phaze series probably.

Pat Logsdon
02-20-2004, 04:06 AM
I'm level 2/3, working on level 1.

All this time, I've been laboring under the assumption that I'm writing because I'm a writer. Now I know that I'm writing because I need to put myself as far away from furries as possible.

:mrgreen: