View Full Version : Teen finds out he was abducted.

Jacob
02-18-2004, 05:49 PM
This is really weird.

LOS ANGELES, California (AP) -- Authorities arrested the mother of a 17-year-old boy who saw his picture on a missing children's Web site and discovered that he was allegedly abducted from Canada 14 years ago.

Can you imagine surfing the web and finding out that you were kidnapped?

I know this was his mother who did it, but I just can't imagine the shock of finding your own picture on a missing kids list.

http://www.cnn.com/2004/US/West/02/18/missing.teen.ap/index.html

Jason Dunn
02-18-2004, 06:07 PM
To close the loop of strangeness even further...my wife Ashley works for the Missing Children's Society here in Calgary. 8O

JustinGTP
02-18-2004, 09:27 PM
Wow

That is so wierd, I hope everything works out for him :?

ale2999
02-19-2004, 11:25 AM
this WORLD is MESSED up bigtime :|

c38b2
02-19-2004, 12:40 PM
Can you imagine surfing the web and finding out that you were kidnapped?

I know this was his mother who did it, but I just can't imagine the shock of finding your own picture on a missing kids list.

At first thought I would agree with you, but then again he must have had SOME idea - why was he on the page to begin with? I certainly have never been on there, nor do I have any need or desire to. Second, he recognized a photo of him when he was three? Unless it was an identical photo that he or his mother, er, abductor, had in their posession (unlikely) it surprises me that he could recognize his three year old self. Then again, the big tip-off could have been a name by the picture...? :wink:

EDIT: OK, I just read the story and I jumped to conclusions a bit too fast. The woman is actually his mother but simply didn't have legal jurusdiction over the child. That's a little less bizzare than the episode of The Practice I saw late last Saturday. 8)

Jon Westfall
02-19-2004, 02:02 PM
Quite strange - finding out secrets about others pasts in your family is disturbing enough, but not to know your own past details would really be a shock. What would you say to mom if this happened to you?

Probably something along the line of "WTF?"

Steven Cedrone
02-19-2004, 02:14 PM
Geez, sounds like one of the movies my wife insists on watching (lifetime, of course :wink: ): "The Face On The Milk Carton" :roll:

Steve

Jacob
02-19-2004, 05:08 PM
Quite strange - finding out secrets about others pasts in your family is disturbing enough, but not to know your own past details would really be a shock. What would you say to mom if this happened to you?

Probably something along the line of "WTF?"

I was asking myself the same thing. I just imagine my jaw hitting the floor and dying of shock.

How do you ask: "Mom, umm... did you kidnap me?"

Jon Westfall
02-20-2004, 12:34 AM
"Mom, umm... did you kidnap me?" On the next Jerry Springer...

Sheynk
02-20-2004, 01:55 AM
"Mom, umm... did you kidnap me?" On the next Jerry Springer...

"Honey..kidnap is such a harsh word...lets say I 'saved' you from evil men" :roll: