View Full Version : Opinions of 2215?

jbachandouris
02-18-2004, 12:23 PM
I'm sure this topic has already been covered, but I'm wondering what you 2215/2210 owners think of the screen. Isn't it a little washed out looking?

juni
02-18-2004, 12:57 PM
Nah, I like the screen a lot. I had Fujitsu-Siemens Loox before this and I never really realized how washed out that screen was until I got my 2210. .)

mrkablooey
02-18-2004, 01:14 PM
2215 = :way to go:

senfeng
02-18-2004, 01:27 PM
I think the screen's above par, but not the best I've seen. As for the entire package, I LOVE my 2215!!! I use it more than any other PDA I've owned. I think its because of the design and its decent performance. Its small enough so that you can hold it in your hand comforably, unlike my e805 (better screen, VGA, etc., but not too comfortable).

ombu
02-18-2004, 01:55 PM
Nah, I like the screen a lot. I had Fujitsu-Siemens Loox before this and I never really realized how washed out that screen was until I got my 2210. .)

Yep. Same with Jornada 568, there's no way to compare, the 2210 rocks, maybe there are better screens but this one is really good.

I love speed and form too, my wi-fi card works great, I'm only worried somehow about the side grips problem many users are having, maybe a nice case will be the solution.

Regards.

Steven Cedrone
02-18-2004, 02:03 PM
I really like the screen on my 2215: but this is from a guy that went to a 2215 from a Jornada 548! :wink:

Steve

hamishmacdonald
02-18-2004, 02:34 PM
I had the LOOX, too. Now that was a blah-looking screen. And I couldn't get the Bluetooth software to work. And the built-in mic made awful recordings.

I've owned a Newton, a Palm V, a Jornada 545, Jornada 568, and iPAQ 3650, a LOOX, and now the 2210. This little device has everything else beat by a mile (save the Newton's lovely OS). The form-factor is great, but best of all is the general feel of the device. There's a maturity in HP's designs, a sense that they know how to put things together well. Because of that, I find this iPAQ transparently easy to use, and somehow it's resisting damage, too -- as if it was meant to be used.

No complaints here.

senfeng
02-18-2004, 03:38 PM
...and somehow it's resisting damage, too -- as if it was meant to be used...You'd be suprised at how many times I've fallen asleep on top of my 2215 while reading an ebook. It's sturdier than it looks. :wink:

draiken
02-18-2004, 03:45 PM
Hi, this may be a little OT, but still, seems to fit this thread...

I have a 2215, and about 3 months ago I began noticing that if I stood, straight in the sunlight (strong sunlight) reading an e-book for example, and the sun reached my 2215 from above and to the right... just above the iTask button, a few seconds later (I believe it's because of warming) the screen will go kaput!!!, it seems the LCD warms in this corner and shorts, the screen goes blank. If I move so this lower right corner of the screen is within some shade, in a few seconds, the screen comes back on!!!

Has anybody noticed this?

bitbank
02-18-2004, 04:26 PM
I can say without hesitation that my 2215 is my favorite PPC of all time. I have owned just about every WinCE device that exists/existed. I even have the new Toshiba e805, but the 2215 wins for its form factor, display, weight, expansion slots, ergonomics, quality, excellent buttons and speed.

Larry B.

jbachandouris
02-18-2004, 04:30 PM
I guess the reason I asked is that I had a 221x for one day and returned it for financial reasons, but had had a T3 before that. The Palm's screen was soo much better that it made the 221x look bad. Presently, wouldn't it be better to go with a 415x since the prices are about the same. I don't have any CF acessories, so that doesn't matter.

Fishie
02-18-2004, 08:22 PM
I guess the reason I asked is that I had a 221x for one day and returned it for financial reasons, but had had a T3 before that. The Palm's screen was soo much better that it made the 221x look bad. Presently, wouldn't it be better to go with a 415x since the prices are about the same. I don't have any CF acessories, so that doesn't matter.

If you had a T3 go for a Toshiba e800/e805, the screen on that one is even better, brighter, larger and higher res then the one on the T3.

I do miss the buttons on my ipaq 2215 and the form factor a bit tough but then when I look at that screen all is forgiven.

pekleema
02-19-2004, 04:25 AM
I feel my 2215 is loads better than the Visor I had but the only thing I don't like is the navigation button. It is very easy to go north-south when pressing east-west. If you don't push exactly east-west for instance when moving by day in the calendar, the time of day window will shift back up to midnight. I end up using my stylus to press on the very east-west edge of the nav button which helps a little.

Christian
02-21-2004, 05:34 PM
I've been quite happy with the screen (and the rest) of my 2210 with the exception of its Bluetooth performance. There are better screens out there (never mind higher resolution, or course) but the 221x's screen is more than adequate.

I also agree with others on this thread that the ergonomics and form factor are simply the best, even when compared to the 19xx or 41xx series. :way to go: I hope that once WM2004 rolls around, HP will not abandon the 22xx form factor.

Kacey Green
02-22-2004, 01:48 PM
I've been quite happy with the screen (and the rest) of my 2210 with the exception of its Bluetooth performance. There are better screens out there (never mind higher resolution, or course) but the 221x's screen is more than adequate.

I also agree with others on this thread that the ergonomics and form factor are simply the best, even when compared to the 19xx or 41xx series. :way to go: I hope that once WM2004 rolls around, HP will not abandon the 22xx form factor.

or CF Slots

KH
02-24-2004, 05:52 AM
I've had half a dozen models, and have to say that the 2215 works the best for me. The size is comfortable, and I really like having the SD and CF slots, the CF slots take my digital Rebel 'film' as well as really high capacity cards. The Screen is just fine, and I even like the rubber grips - They are much more comfortable to touch. It is fast enough to make using Calligrapher a joy, too. I don't think I will change again until I can get something very similar but with more pixels (are you listening HP???)