View Full Version : Best app for me

freakygreek
02-17-2004, 07:21 AM
Hi everyone,

I'm sure that a program exists for what I want it to do but I need a little guidance as to which one works the best.

What I'm looking for is something to beef up my calendar/contacts.

Right now only one appointment shows up at a time what software would show more than one. When I access the mini calendar screen only one blue box shows up regardless of how many appointments I've scheduled can that also be fixed.

Many Thanks Peter :D

T-Will
02-17-2004, 07:39 AM
Check out Pocket Informant www.pocketinformant.com and Agenda Fusion http://www.developerone.com/agendafusion/. I've been a PI user for the past couple years, so you'll have to decide for yourself which you like better, but I do highly recommend PI.

senfeng
02-17-2004, 08:29 AM
I've been using PI since I started using PPC. Its intuitive (for me) and the new upgrade is a lot faster. Like AF, it also combines all of your calendar, tasks, contacts, etc. in one place. Looks pretty, too.

freakygreek
02-17-2004, 04:08 PM
Thanks for the replies just one more question. Does PI or AF come with free updates.

Many Thanks Peter :D

Jeff Rutledge
02-17-2004, 04:15 PM
PI provides free updates for the length of the version number. That is, if you purchased now you'd be getting version 5.01. All 5.x updates would be free, but there would be an upgrade fee once it gets to version 6. Usually it's about a year between updates.

I should also point out that it's not at all uncommon for a small point release to include a huge number of big updates. Also, Alex (the developer/CEO) will often continue to update the previous version even after a new one is out.

When PI5.0 came out a few weeks ago, he also release an update for version 4.x users (4.62) which included many of the features included in 5.0.

You can get the full story on updates at their website here (http://www.pocketinformant.com).

freakygreek
02-17-2004, 04:22 PM
Thanks for the quick response time to go shopping. :D

Peter

Ripper014
02-17-2004, 10:09 PM
There is also a Family and Friends discount on PI... you will find it over at Brighthand... all you need is a code... if you ask nicely you should be able to get a code... just do a search on the main PPC forum...

freakygreek
02-18-2004, 04:04 AM
Thanks for all of the imput I just picked up PI using my suscriber discount. I must say that I'm throughly impressed it does what I want and more.

Thanks Peter