View Full Version : Vito Technology's SoundExplorer v3.5 is available

famousdavis
02-16-2004, 11:13 PM
If you use SoundExplorer (http://vitotechnology.com/products/soundexplorer.html), you might be interested to know that Vito Tech updated that program to v3.5 on Feb 5. I found out by accident -- I think their email notification was probably dumped into my spam folder.

The improvement with v3.5 is a 3-band parabolic equalizer that I have really come to appreciate today! I was listening to an audio voice recording that was originally recorded as a 22/kbs WAV file, and recording at that level lost all the high-end tones on the converted MP3 file I made from the WAV file. However, with the new equalizer function, I was able to compensate for that and the audio playback was much more like how I heard it in real life.

Yes, you could have used another program that had an equalizer function to playback the converted MP3 file, but since I'm already using SoundExplorer to record, it's nice to use it for audio playback, too. Afterall, I'm recording voices, not orchestra concerts!

Now, if they could only resolve that issue that prevents me from reliably recording beyond 30 or 40 mins. when I'm using 43/kbps or 86/kbps....