View Full Version : Help - I do not understand Handango's "Top Selling"-List

MBaas
02-15-2004, 12:56 PM
Today iPassword (http://www.handango.com/brainstore/PlatformProductDetail.jsp?siteId=311&jid=EXE8255A5EX28AC2AB5AED4FFAF99AE1&platformId=2&productType=2&catalog=0&sectionId=0&productId=102410) was shown as #1 top selling software, it had taken PIs place.

How could that be possible?

According to the details on the product pages, iPassword has been downloaded 135 times, PI has been downloaded 200,602 times. I understand that not every download needs to be a sales, yet still I honestly believe PI has been sold more than 135 times on Handango, so I do not see how this statistic can be correct. Or maybe they only consider sales in the last x days or whatever.

Could someone enlighten me?

PPCMD
02-15-2004, 05:21 PM
You got me on that one. There is alot no one can really understand about Hanango and this is just another example. I guess it could be the number of hits that day or something who knows. I personally don't care what they say is the best selling, if there is no functional demo, no infon on sites like this one or pdaphonehome and others then I don't get it usually. I need to use a copy for more than one day and see others thoughts too. Buyer beware.

dmacburry2003
02-15-2004, 08:37 PM
Maybe it is the rate at which it has been purchased? Say, ten a day for iPassword, and five a day for Informant?

Mitchybums
02-16-2004, 07:34 AM
these statistics are based on a day to day sales bases.

I have a small app on there for sale since last week and I have been in the top10 of one of the Multimedia catagories once due to a certain amount I sold during that day. the next day I wasnt in there anymore because I didnt have that many sales that day.

Details of my program will be released on PPCThoughts as soon as the reviewer is ready. I'm not making this an advertisement for it, lol

MBaas
02-16-2004, 07:02 PM
Really? Now the download-counter has changed for both apps from 135+200,602 to 203+201,075, so that's a difference of 68+473, but still iPassword has a higher rating. OK, still these are downloads, not purchases, but with PI being downloaded nearly 8 times as often as iP, I find it hard to believe that iP has been sold more often than PI...