View Full Version : Axim X5 case that can handle an extended battery and CF GPS?

Dubs
02-15-2004, 04:48 AM
Hi all. I've read these forums for a while and have found the info very useful!

I recently purchased an Axim X5 with a CF GPSr and the extended battery. The only thing missing from this all day go anywhere setup is a case to protect it.

I've read all the posts regarding cases here, but haven't found any info that specifically addresses this request. I'm looking into the Otterbox Armor 3600, but I'm not sure the GPS will fit (or receive signal inside).

Anyone have any thoughts? I'd like to avoid a slip case, as I'll be using this extensively during hiking outings. Something that hangs around my neck would be perfect...

Thanks!

PetiteFlower
02-17-2004, 07:10 AM
I think it's called a backpack ;)

Dubs
02-17-2004, 06:10 PM
Ahh erh uhmm maybe I wasn't clear enough. Yeah thats gotta be it :mrgreen:

This will be used for navigation during the hike. Therefore it is needed out front where I quickly glance at it and make sure I'm not about to walk off a cliff. I know none of you would want that! :( <there was much rejoicing>

But I digress. I think I'm settling on an Aquapac. It definitely doesn't add drop protection, however with it hung around my neck that is less likely to be a problem.

Common, I know someone out there has a better idea!

PetiteFlower
02-17-2004, 07:41 PM
No I got it, I was just kidding :)

I think you might do better with some kind of belt-clippy thing rather then a neck hangie thing. I'd think that the bouncing against the chest that it would do as you walked might get annoying.

Those are technical terms, btw ;)