View Full Version : Restoring h5550 back to new

I0's
02-14-2004, 11:48 PM
I am new to PPC and dont know anything about it. I bought a ipaq h5550 about 2 weeks ago and did play around with it and installed prog. on it just for fun but now i have decided to use this thing seriously and not just play with it. I have noticed the ipaq is slower even after i unistalled all my programs that i installed and i have some problems connecting to websites, says something about proxy.
Since i have decided to use this baby seriously now is there a way to bring it back to or close to what it was when i first go it?? i dont have any file that i need to keep so i dont really mind loosing my data.
also how do u do hard reset?? and the difference b/w hard and soft reset is.....

THx

Steven Cedrone
02-15-2004, 01:26 AM
Soft reset: Like a reboot.
Hard reset: Restore device to "factory fresh"

"To do a hard reset you need to hold down the calendar and today buttons, these are the two outer buttons on the lower left and lower right, then using a stylus press and hold for at least ten seconds the soft reset button that is located on the lower right edge of the unit. The screen should reset and the iPAQ will boot up again."

Steve

I0's
02-15-2004, 01:36 AM
so the hard reset button will do the job??

Steven Cedrone
02-15-2004, 01:45 AM
Yes, hard reset will make the device "like new" (before you started to add software).

Steve

dhettel
02-15-2004, 04:06 AM
To help it stay like new, you may want to add these two programs. From ScaryBear Software get Notifications Clear Fix at the bottom of this page;
http://www.scarybearsoftware.com/ppc_cn_overview.html
and to keep the alarms working correctly try this program from BurrOak Software; Wakeup Tweak again at the bottom of this page;
http://www.burroak.on.ca/wm2k3tweaks.html

If you haven't hard reset your device you may want to try these two free programs.

Hope this helps.

I0's
02-15-2004, 04:51 AM
THx for the help dhettel and Steven Cedrone
dhettel i missed ur post did the hard reset earlier :(
it worked and i am happy now :mrgreen:

razor
02-19-2004, 07:45 PM
Everyone with a 5500 series unit should employ these tweaks. Especially the ScaryBear Software get Notifications Clear Fix, as the problem it repairs slows down the unit more and more until patched.....

So, even if you have done a hard reset.........