View Full Version : Why Wisbar?

Lex
02-14-2004, 01:04 PM
1) What are the benefits of Wisbar ?

2) I like the look of some of the Wisbar skins but not sure I need all of its functionality. Can you use the skins without its functions?

3) Is there a list of apps with which it conflicts? Couldn't find it here by searching 'Wisbar AND conflict'.

ironguy
02-14-2004, 06:20 PM
I'm not aware of anything that conflicts with Wisbar. Are you looking at Wisbar or Wisbar Advance? Wisabr advance can use themes which makes changing skins easy. Advance also skins the top and bottom of your screen. You don't have to use any of the features if you don't want to, but why not? It operates as a task switcher - a single tap brings up a list of currently running programs. You can assign several programs to a single custom icon for instant access. It does so many convenient things!

Give it a try - you can always NOT use it if you want.

Lex
02-14-2004, 07:55 PM
Thanks IronGuy,

Because I'm a big chicken living in fear of a hard crash !

Thank you PPC - - it hasn't happened even once in two years of heavy use whereas I hard crashed my Palms at least quarterly over 4 years.

I'm going to try Advance since I've seen some neat skins for it.

Many thanks.

Kowalski
02-14-2004, 11:16 PM
wisbar is a must have application for pocketpc. it even has a battery and memory monitor. why dont you give it a try 8)

Lex
02-15-2004, 01:13 AM
DID IT ! :D

Even running it with the cLaunch mod.

Check out the Scuba theme and skin available at Juni's Skins:

http://koti.welho.com/kruohio/skinz.html

Wish I'd taken the plunge sooner. (pun)

Thanks for the recommendations.

Perk
02-16-2004, 09:17 PM
1 Wisbar gives you better control of your available memory by closing, insteadof the default minimizing that windows does when you are done with a program
2 It gives you an efficient date/time display in the same space the default time display now appears.
3 it has many optional features and displays that are available in a setup screen.
4 I can't ever remember wisbar Advance or the old wisbar conflicting with any applications
5 Once you're use to it, You'll see the standard menu bar as being very inefective.
Cautions:
Don't load up too many features at once or you won't have any room left for program names.
Skins are cool, but not required. I prefer a clean efficient look that requires less resources, no skin.

1) What are the benefits of Wisbar ?

2) I like the look of some of the Wisbar skins but not sure I need all of its functionality. Can you use the skins without its functions?

3) Is there a list of apps with which it conflicts? Couldn't find it here by searching 'Wisbar AND conflict'.