View Full Version : A Pocket PC Owner's Worst Nightmare...Literally

Paula
02-12-2004, 09:27 AM
What is the first sign that you are spending way too much time tinkering with your PPC? Could it be dreaming about it? Or worse, having a nightmare about it?

Last night I had the worst nightmare a PPC owner could have. I was dreaming that I was at a concert, not sure who the main attraction was though. But, to make a long dream short and to the point...

In my dream, I sat back down in my seat and picked up my PPC. The new Sena styled knock-off case from Vaja :D was shreded to bits and my PPC was smashed beyond belief. The panic and sadness that washed over me was too much to take. I was so relieved when I woke up and realized that I was dreaming.

Have you ever had a dream about your PPC?

Paula

arnage2
02-12-2004, 01:33 PM
I hav dremt of using my pda, but never about having it destroyed

christheswiss
02-12-2004, 02:24 PM
I had a dream 3 nights ago. "I dropped my 1945 onto a concrete floor 8O and when I picked it up the screen was cracked. I new that I was gonna have to pay for the repair, but to be without it in the meantime was unbearable."
I woke up in a cold sweat....what a releif ! :D

Jon Westfall
02-12-2004, 03:21 PM
Now I'm scared to go to sleep... never realized that I could even have a traumatizing pocket pc dream.

dmacburry2003
02-12-2004, 03:29 PM
I dreamed that I was using a fork for the stylus of my PPC once :? It put a scratch right throught the middle of the screen and I actually felt like it was ruined. I even got up out of bed, unzipped the case, and rubbed my fingers over the screen to make sure of no imperfections.

Robb Bates
02-12-2004, 03:47 PM
You guys are crazy!!!! 8O

NUTS!!!! :roll:

This is a bad sign!!!! :?

You need to see a doctor!!!! :(

Geez, you all should know by now that there is NO SUCH THING as spending too much time with your PPC. :mrgreen:

And no, I'm not obsessed with MY PRECIOUSSSSSSSS!!!!!!

Robb

Jon Westfall
02-12-2004, 06:59 PM
I just realized that, unintentionally, I sleep with my pocket pc next to my bed every night. Do I have a problem?

to be fair, it is a PPC/PE, and I make/receive cell calls at all hours

Godsongz
02-12-2004, 07:34 PM
I just realized that, unintentionally, I sleep with my pocket pc next to my bed every night. Do I have a problem?

Nah, I do the same, but I read (ebooks) for up to 3/4 hour every night before my eyes start closing.

Jon Westfall
02-12-2004, 10:16 PM

Nah, I do the same, but I read (ebooks) for up to 3/4 hour every night before my eyes start closing.
thank goodness I'm safe
on another note, this is my first mobile post since becomming a subscriber - Mobile forums are worth every cent!

redifrogger
02-12-2004, 11:12 PM
I guess he really likes the mobile forums :wink:

MLO
02-12-2004, 11:15 PM
What is the first sign that you are spending way too much time tinkering with your PPC? Could it be dreaming about it? Or worse, having a nightmare about it?

Last night I had the worst nightmare a PPC owner could have. I was dreaming that I was at a concert, not sure who the main attraction was though. But, to make a long dream short and to the point...

In my dream, I sat back down in my seat and picked up my PPC. The new Sena styled knock-off case from Vaja :D was shreded to bits and my PPC was smashed beyond belief. The panic and sadness that washed over me was too much to take. I was so relieved when I woke up and realized that I was dreaming.

Have you ever had a dream about your PPC?

Paula

Um, no.

My Pocket PC is a tool. Usually, I do not dream about the tools that I use.

It does sit by my bed though, since I listen to music while falling asleep.

Jon Westfall
02-13-2004, 02:25 AM
Wow, not only do mobile forums look great, they also post my message 3 times... what a way to artificially increase my post count ;)

Anyone else had mobile forums do that to them? Sorry for the 2 non-essential posts.

Janak Parekh
02-13-2004, 02:30 AM
Wow, not only do mobile forums look great, they also post my message 3 times... what a way to artificially increase my post count ;)
I deleted them. I suspect it was the slower bandwidth...

--janak

ux4484
02-13-2004, 03:28 AM
heh...no, never somnambulized about any of my PDA's...though I have had the occasional nightmare about magnificent computer failures at work.

...oh.....and I'd never, NEVER take a PDA to a concert...

microbionic
02-13-2004, 03:29 AM
a few nights ago , i was saving this hot girl from a stream and i forgot i had my 2210 in my pocket, it was awful so awful infact i droped her and ran ashore to quickly take the battery out so it didnt get fried

zapp
02-13-2004, 03:43 AM
I dont actually own one yet.... but I did dream about one.

I had ordered one online, and the day it was supposed to arrive I had a dream that they delivered it at 5 am, and then I woke up at 5am and it was gone and I was so sad...

The funny thing is, it never did come. the seller never sent it. So I got my money back...

gohtor
02-13-2004, 03:52 AM
As I use a screen protector and a regular pen (ms office labeled =)) I have once dreamt that I actually wrote on the screen so hard that it scratched right through the screen protector and into the screen. lol. then to make matters worst i tried peeling the screen protector off only to find that it left a sticky mess on top of the screen!

boy i was glad it was only a dream.

<eat the blue pill>

I0's
02-13-2004, 04:17 AM
i think we have just discovered a new type of disease, what should we call it??
hope there is a vaccine out there :lol:

iPAQ_ace
02-13-2004, 04:53 AM
My iPAQ usually goes to sleep next to me on the night table cause I usually play a couple of games or surf the web on my wireless netword before my eyes start shutting on me.

No dreams that I can recall of, but I'm sure i must have had at least one :D

One real life nightmare thought...I was testing out a holster with my iPAQ and as I was hopping down the steps, my iPAQ slid right out of the holster and tumbled down a few concrete steps. Ouch!!! I was really lucky that my iPAQ only suffered one little scratch at the bottom and no other damage!!!

Mitch D
02-13-2004, 05:14 AM
My iPAQ usually goes to sleep next to me on the night table cause I usually play a couple of games or surf the web on my wireless netword before my eyes start shutting on me.

No dreams that I can recall of, but I'm sure i must have had at least one :D

One real life nightmare thought...I was testing out a holster with my iPAQ and as I was hopping down the steps, my iPAQ slid right out of the holster and tumbled down a few concrete steps. Ouch!!! I was really lucky that my iPAQ only suffered one little scratch at the bottom and no other damage!!!

That's what you get for hopping up and down stairs... your iPAQ tried to commit suicide because of the abuse!

Hyperluminal
02-13-2004, 05:41 AM
Hmmm...

One time I drempt that I was IMing a friend from my iPaq.. but that's the only PPC dream I can remember. :)

I have, however, drempt about destroyed computers and things like that... :)

Aerestis
02-13-2004, 06:12 AM
I had a dream that I got a palm that no one else had, and it was so good, and I was modeling 3d stuff on it. I also had a pocket pc dream, where Dell hired me to pack stuff in bubble wrap and they payed me with a toshiba ppc for doing really well on my first try. I know they dont make toshibas or anything... But that's just dreams for you. I'm surprised that so many of us have dreams about them... It's probably because they are soo cool, hehe. I think they are, anyways.

Hyperluminal
02-13-2004, 06:28 AM
Oh, that reminds me. :)
I did have another dream, a few years ago (around the time the Palm IIIxe came out). I dreamt I was in a computer store, like Circuit City, and saw a new Palm running OS5 (when OS5 was supposed to be the big deal, as opposed to OS6 now). It had the normal Palm III shape, but was called the Palm IIIcxe7 (yes, somehow I remember that.. and the 7 was stylized so the vertical/diagonal part was thicker than the horizontal line). The screen was really high res, and the it had a sound volume control window open (suggesting it had real sound support.. remember the time) whose GUI looked a lot like Windows.

It was weird... :)

Paula
02-13-2004, 10:35 AM
It is so comforting to know I'm not the only freak :wink: here who dreams about their PPC. I know there is a legit reason for dreaming about it, I swear I'm not obsessed or possessed by it. :twisted:

Oh wait, now that I think about it, the reason for the nightmare was that I spend waaay too much time here reading horror story posts. :lol:

Paula

AndrewLubinus89
02-13-2004, 02:53 PM
I always dream that I get just the ppc I wanted. Half way through I realize it is a dream and that I will wake up and lose it soon. The rest of this dream is spent trying to discover ways to bring my ppc from the dream world into real life.

mountainguy
02-13-2004, 03:13 PM
Awright folks, I've just burned 15 minutes at work here reading everyone's dreams/nightmares. Given the amount of time we all spend with these machines it is no wonder that we end up dreaming about or with them. Now having read all of these posts this bright clear cold morning in Virginia, my suggestion is that we all put them in their cradles and go take a nice long stroll during lunch.

I'm serious, I'm beginning to worry about us.

Whoops, gotta go, an alarm is going off on my Ipaq and I'm off to a meeting................................................... :D

Best!

Kenn

Casio Collector
02-13-2004, 05:03 PM
Hi,

I had a very strange dream about a week ago in which my iPAQ wouldn't work, and the next day, when I switched it on it just woundn't start.

Freaky or what!!!!

bjornkeizers
02-13-2004, 08:22 PM
I have, but nothing strange though :D

Since I always carry my Ipaq with me, I do so in my dreams as well - sometimes when I'm having a dream about whatever, I use the ipaq. I write down something or read something, but it's a bit vague as you can imagine :lol:

adaptor
02-13-2004, 10:16 PM
My dream is ppc than can be real small and more funcsional. :oops:
Now im using an Asus A620bt, and im really happy :lol:

guilmon
02-14-2004, 07:33 AM
I dreamt about the day I cracked my e310's screen a day before my X3 came in the mail. I also used to be schizophrenic, but we're fine now.