View Full Version : Jason - New Logo Maybe?

pdaided
02-11-2004, 03:38 AM
Jason,

Hey, I was just wandering if you have thought about changing the clipart next to "Pocket PC Thoughts." There are so many new cool devices out now. Maybe a poll competition? I vote for the Ipaq 4355.

Out of all the news sites I visit regularly for many different things, this is by far the best. Many thanks to you and your staff for making this the one stop shop. I even deleted all the other pocket pc sites from my favorites list.

just thinking,

vsaided

arnage2
02-11-2004, 03:40 AM
Go for a ipaq of any model. That jornada (or loox, i cant tell) is a tad dated.

dmacburry2003
02-11-2004, 04:27 AM
I don't like it, but then I like it.

First, it looks like a big honkin super tablet weighing in at about five pounds.

Then it looks sleek, and it seems to fit the atmosphere.

So, I guess I like it.

You also need to think, too, about how specific of a pocket pc you can get when you just want a generalization (basic screen, 4 buttons, d-pad). You can not go putting a pic of some new Pocket PC that users (newbies) will not entirely recognize.

Just my 2 cents :mrgreen:

Jason Dunn
02-11-2004, 07:05 AM
Go for a ipaq of any model. That jornada (or loox, i cant tell) is a tad dated.

Thanks for the input guys, but that isn't any one Pocket PC - it's a custom designed concept by Fabrizio, our designer. Changing the logo would mean changing a lot of things, business cards for 5+ people included, so thanks, but no thanks. The logo stays. ;-) (although some elements of the logo might get tweaked a little to match the new Thoughts Media styling).

rhmorrison
02-11-2004, 10:37 AM
NO, definately DON'T CHANGE it...

It looks enough like my Jornada 568 that I feel right at home here! :wink:

JustinGTP
02-12-2004, 12:53 AM
No, I like it.

Its not anywhere else :D

Wouldn't changing other elements of the logo also affect the business cards?

Paula
02-12-2004, 09:32 AM
I always thought it was supposed to be the first LOOX model.

Paula

Janak Parekh
02-12-2004, 07:07 PM
It's not any Pocket PC on the market per se. ;) Intuitively, it looks like a hybrid between a J568 and a LOOX.

--janak

DimensionZero
02-13-2004, 12:58 AM
hehe, yeah I likeit as it is...
BUT, if you were to change it, I think a neat idea is to make a few of these.. tablet, ipaq, loox, etc... and have them randomly rotate.

I think it'd be fun!

famousdavis
02-13-2004, 06:21 AM
Jiminny, I think folks have waaaaaay too much time on their hands to spend scrutinizing a PPT logo! 8O 8O 8O

Janak Parekh
02-13-2004, 06:29 AM
Jiminny, I think folks have waaaaaay too much time on their hands to spend scrutinizing a PPT logo! 8O 8O 8O
Oh, yeah? This coming from the man who wants to change my avatar. :razzing:

--janak

Paula
02-13-2004, 12:06 PM
It's not any Pocket PC on the market per se. ;) Intuitively, it looks like a hybrid between a J568 and a LOOX.

--janak

You mean it's a Frankenstein? 8O

Paula

pdaided
04-14-2004, 09:12 PM
A friend of mine that I just sent to this site for the first time asked me why they use an old "rubber bumper pda" icon on the logo?

I thought I would re-up this topic.

No big deal. I do think that first impressions matter and change is not an option, sometimes it's progress whether we like it or not.
Ever read "Who Moved my Cheese"?

Can't say enough though about how thankful I am personally for this site and all the hard work that goes into it.

grateful,

pdaided

jake080
04-14-2004, 09:23 PM
i say change it sometime in the next couple years :P --when cornvenient, but its cool for a tad longer yet :clap:

Aerestis
04-14-2004, 09:52 PM
I really like fabrizio's art work. It's really easy on the eyes.

Wiggster
04-14-2004, 10:03 PM
A friend of mine that I just sent to this site for the first time asked me why they use an old "rubber bumper pda" icon on the logo?
Since people still use those? :mrgreen:

I like the PDA. It's not a real one, just an amalgamation of other devices.

Ever read "Who Moved my Cheese"?
Yes, a friend of mine made me read it. Not because of its content, but because he has a thing about cheese.

And I think we should keep the logo still. Also, when it's changed, change it on the mobile version a few days before it's announced and changed on the full version... give us a surprise :jester:

pdaided
04-14-2004, 10:45 PM
Hey Wiggy,

Didn't mean to upset anyone.
No offense to you or any other folks, but I'm sure there's none taken seeing as how you use a new 1935- nice pda.

pdaided

Wiggster
04-14-2004, 10:52 PM
Yep, absolutely no offense taken. We just don't like change, and enjoy that little fake PDA. It's preference, that's all. Aesthetics. And other hard-to-spell words.

Smiles all around :D

KenClunk
04-14-2004, 10:53 PM
I personally liked the OQO thoughts logo you should change it back to that. J/K

I like the Logo don't change a thing.

Jeff Rutledge
04-15-2004, 12:38 AM
We fear change.