View Full Version : Is this normal behavior of ActiveSync 3.7.1?

mindless
02-10-2004, 10:55 PM
There is this Excel worksheet which I need to update frequently on my PPC.
During the nightly resync, ActiveSync would remove the local copy on the PC however never copy over the updated version (from PPC), therefore there is always one missing file on PC.
As a workaround I have to detach the PPC from the cable, reattach it and resync it again, only then would it copy over the file from PPC to PC.

Is this "normal" for ActiveSync??
Or did I configure the software incorrectly??

Any help is much appreciated...Thanks.

Perk
02-12-2004, 05:18 PM
I have very few spreadsheets I use on my iPAQ because of the screen limitations. I remember having this problem in the past when I was milage tracking and found that both Excel programs need to be closed. When you close Pocket Excel, it doesn't really close. It minimizes will not release the file for sync purposes.

I eventually downloaded Wisbar wich replaces the top on-screen panel on my PDA with one that always shows me date/time and, most importantly closes the programs instead of minimizing them like Pocket windows does. Another way around this is to go into your settings and go to the memory panel, then close the open program.

Wisbar is free: http://www.lakeridgesoftware.com/

There is this Excel worksheet which I need to update frequently on my PPC.
During the nightly resync, ActiveSync would remove the local copy on the PC however never copy over the updated version (from PPC), therefore there is always one missing file on PC.
As a workaround I have to detach the PPC from the cable, reattach it and resync it again, only then would it copy over the file from PPC to PC.

Is this "normal" for ActiveSync??
Or did I configure the software incorrectly??

Any help is much appreciated...Thanks.