View Full Version : Anyone have Windows drivers for Socket Bluetooth CF card?

spinedoc
02-10-2004, 07:20 PM
Hey guys, I am looking for drivers for the Socket Bluetooth CF card when used in a PC card adapter on a Windows XP machine. My card is the "G" revision card. I have the software, but Socket provided me with the wrong drivers/.inf file (specifically they sent me the "F" revision drivers).

All I need is the .inf file that Windows looks for. Hopefully someone can hook me up and email it to me.

Thanx
[email protected]

Steven Cedrone
02-10-2004, 07:25 PM
I would email/call Socket. That connection kit cost you some money, correct? If you already bought it, they should send you all of the necessary drivers.

Steve

spinedoc
02-10-2004, 07:34 PM
$33 plus 10 bucks shipping and $4 tax, grand total of $47 for a useless PC card adapter, BT manager software from 2001, and the wrong driver. That's not counting the original price of the CF card itself.

I have emailed them numerous times and have received absolutely no response yet. The only item I need is the .inf file itself and was hoping to get it sooner, rather than having to wait for them to finally respond and mail me out a CD. The .inf file is like 400kb, so not a big file to email.

Janak Parekh
02-10-2004, 08:52 PM
Call them up on the phone if you can. I know they had two kits, one with desktop drivers and one without, which is why they don't distribute them on the website.

--janak

spinedoc
02-10-2004, 09:21 PM
I have been trying to call them as well, but am getting only voicemail thus far, pretty frustrating. Looks like "Fran" manages the customer support and is not in today.

Janak Parekh
02-10-2004, 09:30 PM
Do they have other numbers? It might be worthwhile to try a sales or general number.

Sorry, I don't know how their TS works. :(

--janak

spinedoc
02-10-2004, 11:10 PM
No phone tech support, only via email. Phone is only for customer support, where I keep getting a voicemail.

What a kicker. Just hoping someone on here has it.