View Full Version : Modems for 4150

goofa6641
02-10-2004, 02:54 AM
I am seriously becoming sick with this pocket pc stuff, i purchased a ipaq 4150 some weeks ago and have just found out there is no expansion pack available to convert to compact flash, as i already have three of those cards.

Now i am becoming to believe i cannot even buy a modem for it as all i see are CF modems, i recently had a go at wireless,
it was working ok for a few days with a range of about 30 feet, totally usless with what i want.
Then i upgraded the firmware on my wap54g and now that is usless as the firmware was buggy.

Is there any thing that adds on to this device, i wish i had spent a bit more time reviewing these PPC's.

All i want is to sit in my mothers house a couple of mile from my home and access the stinking internet, thats all i am asking.

Dave

:devilboy: :( :oops: :evil: :cry:

Janak Parekh
02-10-2004, 03:00 AM
Get a Bluetooth modem. :)

Here's one (http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=22852), and here's another (http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=22504).

--janak

JonnoB
02-10-2004, 03:18 AM
I am seriously becoming sick with this pocket pc stuff, i purchased a ipaq 4150 some weeks ago and have just found out there is no expansion pack available to convert to compact flash, as i already have three of those cards.

Didn't you look at what you were buying? If you had an investment in CF cards, I would think you would want to buy a unit that had CF in it.

goofa6641
02-10-2004, 05:19 AM
When i set out to buy something, i do a little research, i read some reviews on this model then i seemed to get stuck reading more reviews on this model.

Then the CF issue didn't seem so bad at the time, but when i tried the PPC i realised that it is really useless without some sort of extra storage.

I used to own a Dell inspiron 8200 before Christmas with quite a few additonal pcmcia cards, had to sell the lot for some dosh for christmas.
I am a spoilt brat. :D

Don't get me wrong i love my pocket pc, :mrgreen: when i can drag it from the wife,
i suppose its her why i need extra storage for her westlife mp3's :oops: and the games i am keep installing and removing everyday for space. :)

I will check out those modems Janak
cheers.

arnage2
02-10-2004, 05:33 AM
i think mobileplanet.com has a bt 56k modem. You can also connect a cellphone via cable or bt.

goofa6641
02-10-2004, 06:44 AM
I am strugglingto find anywhere in the United Kingdom the purchase one of these zoom modems, i found this http://www.microwarehouse.co.uk/product.aspx?SKU=E480341

but they are out of stock and dont except my method of payment.

:(

carphead
02-10-2004, 07:58 AM
Try ypur local PCWorld. My local one in Ipswich had them instock.

Wiggin
02-10-2004, 07:06 PM
If you're interested in a new cellular phone, use this "frustration moment" as a terrific excuse to upgrade to/buy a BT phone :D
The 4150 is a terrific mobile browser, and using a BT phone is all you need to take the WWW anywhere you go (within your carrier's coverage area of course!)
For example, I use the 4150 together with a SE T610 on T*Mobile, and can surf to my heart's content.
As for the CF problem... not much I can suggest for ya there, except to tell you that you can find great deals on 256M and 512M SD cards all over the internet! :mrgreen:
:way to go: