View Full Version : Pocket Informant 5 Icon issue

Jacob
02-09-2004, 04:31 PM
I was fooling with the feature of being able to attach an icon to a contact and I tried to remove an icon.

The problem is, the icon is never removed.

1. I opened the contact then selected to attach an icon.
2. Selected to remove the icon
3. tapped ok. - the contact appeared to have the default icon showing there was no icon.
4 tapped ok again to save the contact.

When I re-open the contact, the previous icon is still there. This is a small thing, but it's annoying to have this permanent icon on the contact.

Jeff Rutledge
02-09-2004, 04:41 PM
Did you restart PI in between? I know that sometimes I need to restart the app for category icon changes to take effect. It may be the same with attached icons.

Jacob
02-09-2004, 04:48 PM
Yup. Just tried removing the icon then re-starting PI. The icon persists.

I think I'm going to try posting this at the PI forums as well, maybe it's a known problem?

I really don't want to have to re-create the contact just to get rid of an icon.

Jeff Rutledge
02-09-2004, 04:58 PM
I think I'm going to try posting this at the PI forums as well, maybe it's a known problem?

Good idea. I know Alex is working on a 5.01 release that is meant to address bugs like this (fairly soon too I think).

Jeff Rutledge
02-09-2004, 05:11 PM
Hmmm...I just tried this and I was able to remove the attached icon no problem. I restarted PI and it was still gone.

The steps I took:

Selected an existing contact
Entered Edit Mode
Tapped the hammer, selected Attach icon
Tapped an icon.
The icon now appears next to the category icon.
Restarted PI
Selected the same contact
Entered Edit Mode
Tapped the hammer, selected Attach icon
Tapped Remove Icon
The icon was removed.
Restarted PI, the icon is still gone (only see the Category icon now).

Jacob
02-09-2004, 05:28 PM
I just did this with a different contact and it worked.

The weird thing is in the contact list, the icon doesn't show up. It's only when I view the contact that the icon is displayed.

I hate these weird software glitches that are so hard to narrow down what's wrong.

I'm sure there's just one piece of data got screwed up somewhere and who knows where?

Thanks for your help - I figure I'll have to recreate this contact to get rid of this problem. I don't think it'll be worth the time figuring out the exact steps to reproduce it.

Jeff Rutledge
02-10-2004, 05:59 AM
No problem.

I agree that these elusive bugs are maddening. I'll play with it some more too. Maybe I'll get lucky...