View Full Version : HP's customer service...

pacemkr
02-08-2004, 11:00 PM
I was just wondering how long it takes for HP to fix/replace an iPAQ from the date when they recieve it?

Im having some trouble with the headphone jack. I have to move the headphone jack around a little bit for it to work and then if I move it again one of the headphones goes off. So basically the contact broke off. Anybody else had this problem? This happened less than a month after I got the unit (2210) and I jest cant find the time to send it in.

Janak Parekh
02-08-2004, 11:16 PM
I was just wondering how long it takes for HP to fix/replace an iPAQ from the date when they recieve it?
In my experience, they've generally been very fast. They ship you the box (in one day) with a call tag, then another day to ship it to them, they keep it about 24 hours and ship it back to you (one day). Overall, about four-five days for the entire process, although sometimes it's as fast as three (they receive the unit, fix it, and ship it right back out the same day 8O).

My main problem was explaining to the guy what the problem was (broken dpad). I ended up sending my 3870 three times, because they didn't fix it the first two -- and made it worse once. :| I asked the rep the third time if renumeration would be made if they don't get it working that time, and they told me I could talk to customer loyalty and request a new unit. Of course, after the third repair it came back perfect. Fortunately, it's been great since -- I just gave it to my sister. 8)

--janak

pacemkr
02-08-2004, 11:29 PM
That doesn't sound too bad. I've had an mp3 player made by MPIO that had exactly the same problem with the headphone jack. I ended up giving up and fixing it myself (voiding the warranty). Their customer service is simply nonexistent.

As for the iPAQ, I will probably send it in tomorrow, so I have a chance of getting it back by friday. Thanks.

Janak Parekh
02-08-2004, 11:32 PM
As for the iPAQ, I will probably send it in tomorrow, so I have a chance of getting it back by friday.
Good luck. Unless their service has degraded substantially, I think there's a good chance too. 8)

--janak

pacemkr
02-08-2004, 11:32 PM
Might as well tell them to replace the side grips which already fell off. This is whithout a doubt due to the original case the ipaq came with.

Wiggster
02-09-2004, 01:08 AM
I called HP customer service two Fridays ago, they sent the box out the next business day. On Tuesday I had the box arrive, I shipped it off, and they got back to me by Wednesday.

Of course, I wasn't under warranty, so my repair isn't free. Unless I say I want it back in the next two days, they'll send it back, and I'll have my broken iPAQ the day after they send it, I wager.