View Full Version : Politics again

Ken Mattern
02-08-2004, 04:27 PM
There are only three exceptions to the draconian new typographical rules: telegrams, treaty materials prepared by the State Department's legal affairs office and documents drawn up for the president's signature...

http://esspc-ebooks.com/images/presidentsig.gif

Sometimes life gets the better of me :twisted:

gorkon280
02-08-2004, 04:39 PM
There are only three exceptions to the draconian new typographical rules: telegrams, treaty materials prepared by the State Department's legal affairs office and documents drawn up for the president's signature...

This is NOT the place to express your political views. I frankly am getting sick of the slams on president Bush. I mean they are not even funny!

Dave Potter
02-08-2004, 04:50 PM

This is NOT the place to express your political views. I frankly am getting sick of the slams on president Bush. I mean they are not even funny!

Lighten up dude!
It's just a joke. Others may find it funny even if you don't.
I thought it was funny.

jgrnt1
02-08-2004, 06:21 PM
I read that they did this so Bush wouldn't have to be seen with reading glasses.

Kati Compton
02-08-2004, 06:32 PM
No more personal attacks, please, or I'll have to either move posts to HOFS or lock the thread.

Politics is a touchy subject. Please be aware of that as you're posting.

wigglesworth
02-08-2004, 06:46 PM
A bit off topic, but are people still protesting the french by calling French Fries Freedom Fries? :wink:

gorkon280
02-08-2004, 06:52 PM
No more personal attacks, please, or I'll have to either move posts to HOFS or lock the thread.

Politics is a touchy subject. Please be aware of that as you're posting.

Thanks Katy. That's what I was trying to get at. If I wanted to read about politics, I would not be here. Everyone has a right to opinion. I would not mind if you just stated you did not like Bushes policies. I was also raised to respect my elders. President Bush deserves my respect....even if you don't like the man or his policies, it's extremely disrespectful to make a joke like that in company who may not share your opinion. I try to be aware of that when I post. NOW....back on topic....

Courier is ugly. TNR, while not a raving beauty, it's not bad. It's about time that they changed this. To those griping about money being spent on this...it probably did not cost anything but the electrons that it was posted on and the news agencies picked it up. At least they picked a font almost every computer has.

Kati Compton
02-08-2004, 07:14 PM
Please don't try get a last word or commentary in after a moderator asks the discussion to stop.

Posts moved to HOFS.