View Full Version : Transferring thru ActiveSync

iPAQi
02-07-2004, 10:41 PM
Whenever I want to transfer a file to my PPC, I get tired of having to connect to the internet before I can tranfer using ActiveSync. I'm still on dial-up and this is a nuisance just to copy a file via a USB cable.

Is there any way to use ActiveSync without being online?

Ed Hansberry
02-07-2004, 10:55 PM
Just tell Windows not to connect automatically. It doesn't need an internet connection. It could be Avantgo or an app on your PPC trying to connect through passthrough, like IM or Inbox.

iPAQi
02-08-2004, 04:07 AM
Well, I've tried every setting I can find in ActiveSync both on the Desktop and the PPC. I checked all program setup options on all programs on my PPC. No matter what I do.......when I put my 2215 in the cradle.......my desktop tries to connect to the Internet. I can hit cancel two or three times and abort the dial-up process and then I can exchange files with my PPC just fine without being connected to the internet but I shouldn't have to do that.

Any ideas where to look to find the cause of my desktop always wanting to connect to the internet?

Ed Hansberry
02-08-2004, 04:10 AM
Disable the Autodial manager or in IE's connection setting, tell it never to connect.