View Full Version : Any thoughts about this book? Pocket PC Visual QuickStart Guide

peterawest
02-06-2004, 02:40 PM
I just read about a new release of the book:

Pocket PC Visual QuickStart Guide
by C. P. Collins (Author), Tracy Brown (Author)
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0321197275/qid=1076074520/sr=1-1/ref=sr_1_1/104-0027565-7616728?v=glance&s=books

This is a newer version than the one written by Neil McManus, and it is supposed to cover the changes since the introduction of Windows Mobile 2003.

Amazon only has one comment about the book, so I was wondering if anyone here has seen it, and what you think about it.

Ripper014
02-07-2004, 03:05 AM
If this is just a general guide to make you comfortable with the PPC you don't need it. Most of the PPC is intuitive... if you are a PC user... and any question you may have can be answered on here or any number of other PPC boards...

peterawest
02-10-2004, 12:47 AM
If this is just a general guide to make you comfortable with the PPC you don't need it.

Thanks. I agree that I don't need it. However, I teach classes to business professionals who don't have the time or desire to learn to use the Pocket PC on their own.

I was interested in this book because it is supposed to be much more visual than most, and offers useful suggestions for some of the more complex things you might use a PPC for, like connecting to a WiFi or Bluetooth connection.

I thought the book might be a good source of material to create a little bit more advanced class.

None of the bookstores around here have it in stock, and Amazon doesn't offer a preview of the book, so I just wondered what it looked like and if it would be worth buying.

Anyone else have any thoughts?