View Full Version : HP4355 : Need your Help.

PpcNewOwner
02-05-2004, 12:30 PM
Hi,

I recently brought (3 weeks abo) a HP4355. It was during a trip for my holidays in North America.
The problem is :
During the return of my holidays, my airline company lost one of my suitcase :( . Inside there was the complet package (cradle, power supply, usb/serial cable and software cd....) :bawl: .

I leave in France in the south near the sea at Marseille.

I'm now the happy owner of a brend new HP4355... but I can't do anything with it !! I lost Everything.
The airline compagnie pay back me in proportion to my suitcase weight. With it, i can't brought another one !

Quietly i decided to phone to HP France to have the genuine software cd.
IMPOSSIBLE :devilboy: .... My PPC is a "US retail" with "QWERTY" keyboards ; It's not a Europen product. HP France can't do anything.
So I try (mail) with HP America. Their answer is "mixed" : "Yes or No" they can send me cd (in return for payment cd + P&P more expansive $$) but don't inderstand HP France answer ....

Anyone can help me please ? I only need the sofwares cd. Just a copy or by mail, ftp server or post.
I need it to set-up my PPC and have drivers to install ActiveSync on my PC.
About cradle and power supply, I would find (I hope !!?? :? ).... because my battery is now "out of order".

Many thanks,
C.MARTIN

PS: I'am sorry about my grammar & write error :oops:

bdegroodt
02-05-2004, 03:27 PM
You can get ActiveSync here (http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobile/resources/downloads/pocketpc/activesync37.mspx). If you already have Outlook (XP or higher, I think) installed, you don't even need the CD.

For what it's worth, you can use some of the other ipaq cables for sync and charge. It doens't HAVE to be the 4355 cable. I use a spare 1910 with no (visible) issues at home.

PpcNewOwner
02-05-2004, 05:28 PM
bdegroodt wrote :
You can get ActiveSync here. If .../...

Thank you very much !!!!! :multi: .....!

I use a PC with outlook. So with it, I think that ActiveSync wll to work.
I would have two questions to ask you ( the last ones :cry: ).

1) The ActiveSync 3.7.1 is currently available in various language. I MUST install "Worlwide Inglish" version isn't it ?

2) Which are the 4355 cable and the 1910 spare ?

I am reassured (Thank's again). I am going to buy another news accessories. To a "virgin pocket Pc" it's a very bad start :roll: .

I keep you informed.