View Full Version : A Program is Blocking WLAN

ntractv
02-04-2004, 08:22 PM
When I first got my iPAQ 5555 the WLAN could detect a Hot Spot within seconds. So to cut to the chase, recently I have not been able to pick a Hot Spot anywhere. I would sit in several Starbucks trying to access the T-Mobile service and it would not detect anything for up to five minutes and would shut it down thinking it was T-Mobile down. This went on for about two months. So today, I'm sitting at Starbucks and just on a whim I do a hard reset (already backed up before doing this) and wham, within 2-3 seconds I picked up not only T-Mobile, but, a few others. So I figure I have something loaded that is hampering with the WiFi on the device. So I turn to you guys for help. Here is what I have loaded and maybe someone can tell me if in fact it could be and which one it is before I start the painstacking trials of going one by one:

Spb Pocket Plus (I suspect)
Revolutionary Software Front Lextionary (I doubt)
Rand McNally Mapshots (I doubt)
Microsoft Money
Ilium eWallet
Mpeg TV Pocket TV
Stowaway Keyboard and Driver
Mobimate Worldmate
SoftWinter Storage Tools
WESTTEK Clearvue Presentation Viewer and Plugins
Jonathan Sachs Eval (Calculator)
Resco Picture Viewer
Microsoft Reader
Microsoft Activation
WebIS PISync
FVC&PB Metro (Subway maps)
HP PPCO3 WLAN Driver 129
WebIS Pocket Informant 5 and Icon Pack

Edit: Also a program called My Home Today. Bluetooth works fine by the way.
I am starting to think it could be Pocket Plus. Any ideas.

ntractv
02-05-2004, 08:09 PM
Okay, I figured it out playing around. It was the HP PPC03 WLAN Driver 129 that was the problem. I finally managed to get it off (complete backup w/o registry) with a hard reset and restore. I lost some programs but I can just reinstall those. Did anyone else have a problem with that particular driver.