View Full Version : Any way to get iPAQ/SD card recognized as hardware on a PC without Activesynch?

STW
02-04-2004, 07:40 PM
I regularly use networked XP PCs at the University that don't have Activesynch (and wouldn't allow me to load any software).

I'd like to be able to use a USB synch cable to connect my ipaq to the PC and then move files to and from the PC. Is there any software for PPC moblile 2003 that would allow me to do that without using Activesynch? (Or do I need to just get a SD card dongle to plug into the PC switch the card back and forth? Using a sych cable would allow me not to mess with a dongle, not have to fiddle with the SD card, and I could charge the iPAQ all with only the one cord.)

Deemo
02-04-2004, 08:18 PM
You could try Bluetooth or IR but if they won't let you install software you are probably hooped unless you get a card reader.

PetiteFlower
02-05-2004, 12:29 AM
I'd just get a card reader, they cost about the same as a USB sync cable(maybe even less, they're like $20) plus you'll be able to use it at home for transferring files and checking for errors and backing up.

szamot
02-05-2004, 08:45 AM
not to mention that a card reader is way faster than just about anything else relating to the ipaq.