View Full Version : Sandisk 512MB SD card caused problem

TonyB
02-04-2004, 07:25 AM
All -

I want to share this with everybody.

I bought the Sandisk 512MB SD card from Sears in their Thanksgiving 2003 promo. After a month or so of it working fine, I couldn't sync my Ipaq to a PC anymore. To make a long story short, after hours on the phone with HP support & try syncing with 3 PCs, they found that the SD card caused the error. As soon as the SD card is removed from the slot, the Ipaq works fine. Whenever the SD is in the Ipaq's slot, it will connect for a few seconds, then disconnect with a message saying synchronization error. No data got syncronized.

The SD is still working fine in my digital camera... :roll:

If you have syncing problem, try removing the SD card... I have to say that it'd never occurred to me that the SD caused the problem. I considered it part of the Ipaq and always left it in the SD slot.

One good thing from this is that I'm VERY impressed with HP support. I don't have CarePaq, yet they overnighted a box for me to ship the Ipaq in, prepaid. After couldn't find the problem (since I removed the SD card before sending it in), they overnighted it back. Total turn around San Jose <-> Houston + system checking = 3 days! Take that Toshiba!

Chirawat

Janak Parekh
02-04-2004, 04:32 PM
Here's a suggestion: try reformatting the card in a desktop reader, and see if that fixes your sync problems. I've never had anything like this, but my current Pocket PC has a 512MB Lexar SD, not Sandisk...

--janak

Kowalski
02-04-2004, 04:37 PM
everyone is blaming about sandisk cards but still it sells well???( i have one too). i have no problems but speed issues.