View Full Version : PDA TouchUP (from scratches, etc.)

Bladefree21
02-04-2004, 06:36 AM
I've often wondered what the easiest way to remove scratches and ding's accumulated over time on PDA's. If the paint color was known, that would likely make it easier. Has anyone experimented with this?

It’s really nice to keep that beautiful shine :D

Any suggestions would be much appreciated! :)

DimensionZero
02-05-2004, 12:28 AM
Well, I've never tried this but in theory, it should work :D

If you go to any car place... Lordco, Canadian Tire (sorry, not sure where you are so these are canadian). You can pick up scratch removal stuff.

A highly recommended one by all car enthusists is by Meguiars (http://www.meguiars.com/). Note, there are 2 kinds, one for plastic and one for glass. Works great on cars... So I would assume you could do the same with a PDA.

Let us know how it goes if you try it. :mrgreen:

The only catch is that the bottle is gonna be quite big. I'm not sure if thye have any smaller sized ones. So maybe you can find plastic stuff on your car you can fix up and around the house. haha

dmacburry2003
02-05-2004, 12:52 AM
If I get one little itsy bitsy friggin (latin for cucumber :wink: ) scratch or whatever on my Pocket PC I FREAK 8O

I almost thought about buying a new 1935 over rubbing off part of the "P" in the Pocket PC logo.

And yes, I think car scratch remover is a good idea.

I heard from someone once that ivory liquid and car polish/scratch remover can really touch up those old CD's/DVD's (rub from the inside out, not in circles).

:D

Brad Adrian
02-05-2004, 01:10 AM
Just be careful. I know that some of those car paint refinishers and polishes work by actually removing a fine layer of paint. Maybe you could just find a nice leather case that covers any of the scratches.

Bladefree21
02-05-2004, 01:54 AM
A highly recommended one by all car enthusists is by Meguiars (http://www.meguiars.com/). Note, there are 2 kinds, one for plastic and one for glass. Works great on cars... So I would assume you could do the same with a PDA.

Let us know how it goes if you try it. :mrgreen:

The only catch is that the bottle is gonna be quite big. I'm not sure if thye have any smaller sized ones. So maybe you can find plastic stuff on your car you can fix up and around the house. haha

That looks like an excellent suggestion, I've not even heard of wax that is "Engineered to eliminate those fine scratches so you can have a flawless finish." and could definitely use this for, the dual purposes! 8) I recently took the Durango out into the swamp and there were a few more trees than I would have liked, 8O But in life things that you are gifted with, are meant to be used because they are only temporary anyway :D
Thank You, DimensionZero and thank you dmacburry2003 for the confirmation! I will try it on the back in case removing a fine layer of paint. is to much :way to go:

I will let you know how it goes. It will likely be one to two days from now :fro:

DimensionZero
02-10-2004, 01:35 AM
So Bladefree21, how'd it go?

Just wanted to see if you had a chance to try this out. :D

Bladefree21
02-10-2004, 06:07 PM
It really worked! :D Reducing some scratches by half and the others are totally removed :) I will post again later. Thank you for the good info.

Ripper014
02-10-2004, 07:58 PM
I saw something on TV the other night for glasses... YES it was an informercial... but it seemed promising... I only caught a bit of it as I was channel surfing.. but my first thought was for screen scratches... not that it is something I worry about I have always useed screen protectors... but it seems ideal for anyone that has some...

I am not sure how you would find it.. but maybe a search... eyeglasses+scratch removal...

The product looked like something you painted onto the lens and then polished it away... looked great, but then what doesn't on an informercial... anyone want to buy a ThighMaster CHEAP...???

Kidding... lol... :lol:

DimensionZero
02-11-2004, 12:09 AM
OOooh, I saw that!! What a cheesy commercial tho.

The lady painted the stuff on her daughter's glasses and them just put them on her. Wouldn't something like that require drying time? Heeheheh.

Maybe at the As seen on TV store?

Ripper014
02-11-2004, 01:09 AM
Hey Dimension Zero... in case you have not seen it... CYBRID... is holding the second Vancouver PPC Club Meeting on the 20th of February... we would to see you if you can make it... not sure of the agenda... probably just a meeting of minds... to see what each of us do with our units... maybe get a few ideas... maybe give some... anyway... try and join us...