View Full Version : Donationware Pocket PC Sony Playstation Emulator Released

Jason Dunn
02-03-2004, 11:00 PM
<div class='os_post_top_link'><a href='http://fpsearm.psxfanatics.com/' target='_blank'>http://fpsearm.psxfanatics.com/</a><br /><br /></div>"Ludovic Olivencia and LDchen are proud to present FpseCE 0.09.1 the only Playstation 1 emulator running on PocketPC using Dynamic Recompilation. What's news since 0.09:<br /><br />• Improved the compilation of some MIPS opcodes. This should give you a little more speed. (LDChen)<br />• Fixed a bug in shifting opcodes. Now several games (WipeOut 3, FIFA soccer games and others) are fully playable. (LDChen).<br />• Completely rewritten the blitting routines for displaying graphics. Stretching, landscape left/right and portrait modes are implemented. (LDChen)<br />• Improved movies playback speed. A new, faster IDCT routine optimized for ARM is used and some optimizations had been added to YUV to RGB conversions. (LDChen).<br />• ...and many more"<br /><br />I'm not really into emulators, but I know they're quite popular on the Pocket PC, so if you have some old classic PS1 games you're itching to re-live on your Pocket PC, check this out. If you like the software, toss 'em a couple of bucks - I'd like to see the development of this emulator continue. :way to go:

Wiggster
02-03-2004, 11:04 PM
Figures, the day that I send my iPAQ off for repairs. :|

But I'm sure my roommate will be willing to find this and give us a review of it sometime soon with his.

sponge
02-03-2004, 11:09 PM
Only users of A620s need apply, it's the most playable device, besides the controls, many games are actually completly playable!

dmacburry2003
02-03-2004, 11:09 PM
Do you need like a HUGE CF/SD to store a normal game? Can they be ripped on a PC with no extra hardware?

arnage2
02-03-2004, 11:43 PM
when my ipaq arrives, im downloading this.

sponge
02-03-2004, 11:48 PM
PSX games are normal CDs, you can rip them, and then use PocketISO to strip out movies, etc. I have the original GTA as a 12MB file, compressed.

lonesniper
02-03-2004, 11:56 PM
I like their website, very nice looking.
Where does one get the games though??

JonnoB
02-03-2004, 11:58 PM
I used the compression tool to get my copy of Ridge Racer onto my CF card. The emulator is slow, but promising on my 221x device. The controls are 'ok' but not great. Note: You must have a PS1 ROM image and getting a ROM from anywhere but off your own device may be considered illegal.

sys202
02-04-2004, 03:03 AM
I like their website, very nice looking.
Where does one get the games though??

Your own legally bought PS1 game CDs, then using tools such as PocketISO to rip them into a decent size that can fit into PocketPC (or Pocket PC? or PPC? bah).

Paul
02-04-2004, 04:16 AM
Wow that's cool! Time to dig up those old PS games.

yunez
02-04-2004, 04:48 AM
wow. how is the performance? Im surprised this is possible, even SNES emulators stutter too much on my axim 400

ale2999
02-04-2004, 09:24 AM
the problem is not having the games, as they are dirt chip nowadays. but ripping is a bummer. I wish you could prove to some1 u had the original copy and get the stripped down iso! that'd be awesome.

but the emulator is awesome. the first time I tried it I couldnt believe my eyes. my next pda is gonna have to be FAST lol

lonesniper
02-04-2004, 01:00 PM
Your own legally bought PS1 game CDs,

Looks like this emulator is not for me then :) , cause I don't have a PS1 and am not interested in buying games for it.

luiskim
02-04-2004, 08:22 PM
and where do you get the pocketISO??? do you think games like Final Fantasy 8 will fit in a CF??? its 4CD.... 8O lol

marilynjo
08-29-2004, 01:06 AM
What software is best for ripping? What type of files do you convert to for PPC. Yes, I need to know where to get Pocket ISO also. I can't find it on the web. Can any pocket file transfer program work?