View Full Version : Age?

tregnier
02-02-2004, 02:42 PM
I could assume that this list, because of its size and quality, might approximate the universe of savvy PPC users (Okay, quite an assumption). I'm curious as to the demographics of the list. Bear with me and tell us how old you are and we'll see what comes of it.

famousdavis
02-02-2004, 05:20 PM
As of 11:20am, no one's voted in the 65+ years category.

Guess Janak hasn't seen this thread, yet....

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Pat Logsdon
02-02-2004, 05:25 PM
As of 11:20am, no one's voted in the 65+ years category.

Guess Janak hasn't seen this thread, yet....

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Ooooo...you shouldn't oughta have said that....

Looking into my crystal ball, I see a finger hovering menacingly over the "smite" button, and another over the "plague of fleas and hairballs" button...

And to ensure that *I* am not the one (this time) to derail a thread, I'm 28. :mrgreen:

Jeff Rutledge
02-02-2004, 05:35 PM
And to ensure that *I* am not the one (this time) to derail a thread, I'm 28. :mrgreen:

I was just about to type "Me too" when I realized that I'm 29 now. I turned on New Years Day. It always takes me a couple months to remember my new age (maybe I'm getting old???).

dean_shan
02-02-2004, 05:40 PM
This site is older then I thought. I tought that this site would have more users that are young.

sebringal
02-02-2004, 06:41 PM
Whatever do you mean? We are all young!

I am not old.

I will not get old.

The idea of "old" is all in one's head.

I am not old.
I am not old.
I am not old.

Wiggster
02-02-2004, 10:58 PM
I'm a 19-year-old college student, this site's targetted for my age group, right? :mrgreen:

Jeff Rutledge
02-02-2004, 11:04 PM
I'm a 19-year-old college student, this site's targetted for my age group, right? :mrgreen:

Actually, all kidding aside, one of the things I'm impressed with is the fact that I've never felt this site is targeted at any age. Granted, I'd say there's a minimum age, but I've never felt that the content or forums are more geared towards any specific age group. The only thing I'd say is that the discussion in the forums is (for the most part) mature.

Wiggster
02-02-2004, 11:07 PM
Actually, all kidding aside, one of the things I'm impressed with is the fact that I've never felt this site is targeted at any age. Granted, I'd say there's a minimum age, but I've never felt that the content or forums are more geared towards any specific age group. The only thing I'd say is that the discussion in the forums is (for the most part) mature.

Too right. I discovered this site a mere three months ago for so, and after a bit of poking around reading on the forum, I decided to register. Now I check it at least thrice daily, sometimes while waiting for class to start. I've been very impressed with the caliber and amount of information, and the help available on this forum just can't be beat.

I'm still amazed that Pocket PC Thoughts has thoughtful members and staff. A welcome change to other places I've seen.

Janak Parekh
02-02-2004, 11:19 PM
As of 11:20am, no one's voted in the 65+ years category. Guess Janak hasn't seen this thread, yet....
Yeah, because I'd call you on your vote. :twisted:

--janak

upplepop
02-03-2004, 12:09 AM
Another age poll? I think we already have a few of these:

Here (http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=20001)
Here (http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=20583)
Here (http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=11557)
Here (http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=4874)
Here (http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=5216)

Janak Parekh
02-03-2004, 12:24 AM
Another age poll? I think we already have a few of these:
Ah, thanks. I was going to mention this. On the other hand, it doesn't hurt to repeat occasionally, I guess, as the membership shifts...?

--janak

Kati Compton
02-03-2004, 12:26 AM
Ah, thanks. I was going to mention this. On the other hand, it doesn't hurt to repeat occasionally, I guess, as the membership shifts...?
And we each get older.

Poll: Have you had to change age categories while you've been a member of PPCT?

;)

Wiggster
02-03-2004, 12:30 AM
Yea, I don't think that one every four months or so is often enough to be annoying... well, maybe to you old people :wink:

And looking at my reg date, you can imagine that I haven't quite aged much since coming here.

buckyg
02-03-2004, 12:39 AM
And we each get older.

Poll: Have you had to change age categories while you've been a member of PPCT?

;)

Uh, yeah, I have changed age categories, so yes, now I do feel older...

Sven Johannsen
02-03-2004, 03:44 AM
Yea, I don't think that one every four months or so is often enough to be annoying... well, maybe to you old people :wink:

Heck, I don't remember four months ago. Thanks, BTW, for not having me in an all others category.