View Full Version : Loose stylus slot

gai-jin
02-01-2004, 02:18 AM
I keep losing my stylus, as it apparently falls out while i'm walking. the stylus was once a tight fit in the slot, but now slides out with almost no effort. Anyone else experience this issue?

gai-jin

Janak Parekh
02-01-2004, 07:49 AM
Not me, but I've heard discussion on this at pdaPhoneHome.com. Some people have given up with the i700's stylus slot. As I mentioned in my review, it's a rather poor design. :(

--janak

dnarud13
02-09-2004, 02:29 PM
I had read about this on the forums when I first got my i700. Figured it was a wear&tear issue and so purchased a pen/stylus combo to use instead, as to avoid wearing out the stock stylus slot. The stock stylus is just for emergencies, when I don't have my pen handy - but my Fisher Bullet pen/stylus is what I mostly use. It's more comfortable, too. Most people usually carry a pen on them. The i700 consolidates a phone/pda, why not consolidate your writing utensils also?

There are plenty of very stylish combo pens out there. I did a net search.

PPCMD
02-15-2004, 05:31 PM
I lost one initially but it fell into my pocket so I was safe. Haven't lost one yet.

observer
03-08-2004, 10:24 AM
Yes I have the same problem.

What I do is take a 1/4" length of Scotch tape and wrap it carefully at the end of the stylus (near telescoping part). It seems to do the job for 4 to 5 weeks until I need to do it again...