View Full Version : How to disable screen taps/input?

spinedoc
01-31-2004, 11:55 PM
Hey guys. I use my 2215 as a MP3 player in the gym. Is there any way to disable screen input completely? I find myself hitting the screen all the time and pausing my music or opening programs.

Thanx.

Ripper014
02-01-2004, 01:10 AM
If you can keep from hitting the buttons... Use GSPlayer and map one of the buttons to turn off the screen... Then just hit the power button to bring the screen back up...

You should be using this program anyway... ;)

spinedoc
02-01-2004, 02:58 AM
I love gsplayer for internet streaming, but for gym use the interface is way too small. I use pocketmusic in landscape mode, which fills the whole screen with huge buttons.

Ripper014
02-01-2004, 03:11 AM
I am not sure what the problem is... after you start the music do you need to adjust it again before the end of your workout...?

I have attached a link to a few skins... the buttons are still on the small side but you might like a new skin for you GSPlayer...

http://discussion.brighthand.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=98688&perpage=10&pagenumber=6

spinedoc
02-01-2004, 04:20 AM
Thanx much. I think the problem was that pocket music was not allowing the screen to turn off. I found the proper setting in the menus and got it to shut off after 5 seconds.

Thanx for the skins!