View Full Version : My really bad experience with boxwave screen protectors.

mv
01-31-2004, 02:38 PM
I ordered a 3 pack of these protectors... payed $33.95 for them. They don´t cover the whole screen of my iPAQ, but they say is for easy removing of the protector... but in every review i saw, people liked this protector because they cover all the screen... how can that be? there is a 1.5 mm gap between the protector and the screen frame!

I´ll stick to my G2´s, no one can beat those... i ordered boxwave´s product because of the many positive reviews, so i still can´t believe they are so bad... and they are dust magnets, also. I´ll post a pic as soon as i can...

ChristopherTD
01-31-2004, 06:19 PM
Did you get the right ones for your model? My Boxwave fits perfectly on my 5550.

mattbugz
01-31-2004, 07:44 PM
I have to agree that the Boxwave dosn't cover 100% of the screen for my 5555. However. I am very happy with them. I read all the positive reviews and so I ordered 1 to test. I've used the G2 in the past and although they offer better clarity, I now prefer the Boxwave.

Here's how I installed it: Since the other half has adhesive, it attracted dust immediately so I washed it in water, dried it off a little bit and then applied it to my iPAQ. I used a credit card to get the water bubbles out.

BoxWave
02-03-2004, 08:14 PM
Matt,

The gap should be very minimal, if you are not happy and wish to be refunded or have your screen protection replaced jJust contact [email protected].

Best,

Wing Lum
http://www.boxwave.com

fork
02-03-2004, 09:35 PM
actually you can try clear vinyl, you can find it in the crafts stores, like joann
Dirty cheap $0.31, enough for 20 times use.
although there are some bubbles, but it is good enough for me and it is easy to remove.

mattbugz
02-03-2004, 10:27 PM
The gap should be very minimal, if you are not happy and wish to be refunded or have your screen protection replaced jJust contact [email protected].

Thank you for the offer! The gap is indeed very minimal. I am quite satisfied so there is no need to send me a replacement or refund. I will be sure to order more once the current one wears. It's been two weeks and the Boxwave seems to be pretty rugged so I will be ordering one for my 2215 as well.

Kati Compton
02-03-2004, 10:52 PM
Matt,

FYI - mv I think this would apply to you as well.

Paula
02-04-2004, 11:50 AM
I bought a Boxwave for my 2215 and was very pleased to see that the sides of the protector fit flush up against the sides of the unit and that when I placed the top flush with the top of the unit there was just a very tiny space left at the bottom of the screen for removal. I hope my SP wasn't a fluke. I would hate to buy another one and have it be smaller than my current one. Although that sounds highly unlikely, you never know.

Paula