View Full Version : Yet another ActiveSync victim...

pacemkr
01-29-2004, 11:00 PM
For some reason I can no longer sync my calendar, notes, contacts, or tasks. :evil:
There are simply no check boxes next to them and after reinstalling AS still no checkboxes when making new partnership and next to the items it says not installed.

Any ideas?

JonnoB
01-29-2004, 11:12 PM
Is it possible you changed your default calendar, tasks, etc from Outlook? Make sure you are logged into Outlook when you try to enable those features.

pacemkr
01-29-2004, 11:16 PM
You're right I dont have acces to my adressbook etc in outlook either.
Now this really makes me pissed, where did all of it go? :really mad:

pacemkr
01-29-2004, 11:20 PM
OMG, I hate this thing. I just imported all my contacts from a copy of my outlook file, opened activesync, click options, checkboxes are there, i check all of them, sync and guees what, they dont sync and all my contacts etc is now missing again.

JonnoB
01-29-2004, 11:31 PM
make sure you don't have two copies of your outlook contacts in your address book provider.

Ripper014
01-30-2004, 02:47 AM
I just want to get this right... you are saying that your Outlook on the desktop is correct... but after you sync you lose all our data...?

What option are you using when you first setup your partnership...? ActiveSync will give you three... it is best to choose the first one that has you merging all data between devices... all you need to do after that is remove any duplicates... which ActiveSync should find for you....

pacemkr
01-30-2004, 07:11 AM
I reinstalled outlook and played with a few settings and now it seems to be working again.

And it turns out that the contact data was there I could not see the shortcut, so I was opening the adress book in outlook, which still gives me an error message and I dont have any contacts there. However, if I click contacts on the shortcut bar they are all there. I dont use outlook for sending email, so I dont mind.

ppcsurfr
01-30-2004, 06:43 PM
I reinstalled outlook and played with a few settings and now it seems to be working again.

And it turns out that the contact data was there I could not see the shortcut, so I was opening the adress book in outlook, which still gives me an error message and I dont have any contacts there. However, if I click contacts on the shortcut bar they are all there. I dont use outlook for sending email, so I dont mind.

Okay...

now if you go to Tools, and select Address book... you'll get an error saying that it cannot be opened... go to the Tools option in the Address Book and go to options. Choose the correct address list and you will be able to use them for email or as an address book.

carlo

pacemkr
01-30-2004, 07:32 PM
It works now, even the adress book. Thank you.

For some reason I have a about 8 different contact lists listed. I suppose this is due to the fact that I was moving my data files and doing several restores. Two of them work, so I selected one and the address book works now.