View Full Version : Locking notes in Pocket Informant

ntractv
01-28-2004, 08:53 PM
I've searched, but, I could be missing something. Here is the situation, I use Alarm Notes through Pocket Informant and there are certain notes that I would like to place a password on just in case of nosey people. I can tap and hold and make it private and it places a lock next to the note title, but, as soon as I tap the note area where it just says Private, the note pops up.

Paul Martin
02-06-2004, 07:05 AM
ntractv,

Sorry, I don't know the answer to your problem. You might try the boards at Pocket Informant. However, I would suggest you change the title. When I read it, I assumed it was going to be yet another someone asking for a cracked password or serial number for software. 8O Glad to know that's not what you're asking, but could be why you haven't gotten a response.

wing
02-07-2004, 05:04 AM
ANY item can be made to be pw protected,

go to the set up for PI, then select "Private Items need pw" YES.

I learned that after having the trial copy for a few days now. it seems like a nifty program, and i will likely purchase it after the trial period is over.

yay!

Tye
02-11-2004, 11:29 PM
I think the notes are only locked if you're pocket pc is also password protected. It just uses the system password to lock the information.

Also, I believe this will only protect your information from casual snooping. It's all basically still available through the regular internal apps.

Maybe encrypting/decrypting would be a better solution for you?