View Full Version : pocketnow.com Reviews SoftWinter's SentryCE

Jason Dunn
01-28-2004, 01:00 AM
<div class='os_post_top_link'><a href='http://www.pocketnow.com/index.php?a=portal_detail&t=reviews&id=314' target='_blank'>http://www.pocketnow.com/index.php?...=reviews&id=314</a><br /><br /></div>"One important aspect of computing is the ability to keep your data safe from prying eyes. This is especially true for business users. But data encryption is not solely used by business users. As a result, Microsoft has always added password entry for its Pocket PCs. But is this enough? There are few data encryption providers out there for Pocket PC users, but SoftWinter, data encryption provider for desktop PCs has offered their unique answer to data encryption to those mobile users who could really benefit from data encryption on their Pocket PCs. At first I was a little hesitant to try out SentryCE. I've used data encryption software before (most notably PGP) and, to be honest, I thought SentryCE would be just as tedious to use as any other security software. Boy, was I surprised!"

iPaqDude
01-28-2004, 03:05 AM
Looks like a serious contendor to the world of data security for the PDA market, albeit with a rather hefty price tag for personal use.

I didn't see it in the article, but I wonder if you can give the program an entire CF or SD card - or at least a major chunk - that could be used for a secure volume. This would aleviate some of my fears about loosing a card - I already use strong encryption on my PDA.

ombu
01-28-2004, 03:34 AM
Looks like a serious contendor to the world of data security for the PDA market, albeit with a rather hefty price tag for personal use.

I didn't see it in the article, but I wonder if you can give the program an entire CF or SD card - or at least a major chunk - that could be used for a secure volume. This would aleviate some of my fears about loosing a card - I already use strong encryption on my PDA.

Yes, it does, I use a 60MB volume in a 64MB CF card.

BTW, I've got Sentry for free in a PPC related site contest seven months ago, find it great but I wouldn't pay that much even now that I use it every day.

Regards.