View Full Version : looking for simple landscape screen software for mobile 2003

STW
01-27-2004, 05:40 PM
Need to turn the screen sideways on an iPAQ 1945 2003 to use with an IR keyboard.

Searches on software sites aren't pulling anything recognizable as landscape software so far.

ntractv
01-27-2004, 06:05 PM
I think Nyditot (http://www.nyditot.com/) is what you are looking for.[/url]

Kowalski
01-28-2004, 04:29 PM
ok is there a freeware solution for this?

Dave Potter
01-28-2004, 06:16 PM
Short answer - No.

Long answer - I looked and looked (an looked some more). There is nothing freeware available.

dmacburry2003
01-28-2004, 08:34 PM
Zipper is right, I have an IR keyboard and looked for freeware landscape software with no avail. I also posted in your manner. I ended up buying Nyditot and am very pleased with the quality of the software and it was just what I was looking for.

My settings:
320*240
< Screen going this way <<<
Fit to screen
(All you have to do is select the left direction of landscape and it will take care of the rest)

The today screen is resized funny sometimes but it doesn't really matter.

STW
01-29-2004, 06:51 PM
I'm trying the Nyditot virtual screen right now and find that it doesn't have a simple way to toggle between the regular screen and the left-handed landscape screen orientation that my keyboard likes for the 1945.

If I select the regular screen orientation from the landscape mode, the regular screen is much shorter in height than standard, with a black unused strip of screen along the bottom of the screen. A reset gets back the regular screen, but I'm not going to be willing to reset the device everytime I use the keyboard.

(The need to toggle back and forth turns out to be essential for me because I find I'm not willing to use my usual software like contacts, etc., in the landscape orientation, where the block recognizer covers so much of the fields--block rec. at the bottom of the screen in reg orientation isn't a problem. Word works well in landscape without the block rec. on, though.)