View Full Version : Timeline for next Pocket PC OS ?

tdcdu
01-27-2004, 04:06 AM
I have lost track of the development path of the Pocket PC OS. What is the lastest regarding the timing for the next OS for Pocket PC ? Are we likely to see an update or something more this year ?

David Prahl
01-27-2004, 04:01 PM
I haven't heard anything, but I would expect a new Pocket PC Phone OS in the next year. Integration and convergence are hot.

famousdavis
01-27-2004, 05:42 PM
And because Windows Mobile 2003 offers very little new innovation, I'm perfectly happy using my little iPAQ 1910, awaiting VGA screens and stronger overall performance from a PPC before I consider an upgrade.

I've been amazed at how many folks chucked their PPCs running PPC2k for a PPC running WM2k3. I never saw what cost-benefit of spending those hundreds of $$$ to get a WM2k3 device. I understand that for many, our PPCs are a fetish/hobby, but my I can only dip from the well every few years before my wife raises her eyebrow (and voice).

PetiteFlower
01-27-2004, 09:03 PM
My hunch is no new PPC OS until 2005. And it will probably be a bigger change then 2002-2003. And if Microsoft is really good, the alarms will even work! I think we should give them plenty of time to get that one right, rush them and it will be unreliable alarms forever!