View Full Version : Playlist Sync

Jason Dunn
01-27-2004, 02:00 AM
<div class='os_post_top_link'><a href='http://home.worldonline.dk/viksoe/playlistsync.htm' target='_blank'>http://home.worldonline.dk/viksoe/playlistsync.htm</a><br /><br /></div>"Do you commute a lot? Do you use your Pocket PC as an MP3 player?Then this ActiveSync extension might be for you. The Playlist Sync extension for Pocket PC 2003 copy MP3 and playlist files to your Pocket PC at scheduled points in time - always keeping your PDA updated with new music. Playlist Sync will activate while your PDA is in the cradle and copy MP3 files from your Desktop PC to the device. You can configure when it should copy files and how much data should be transferred. Because copying large amounts of data to the PDA through your ActiveSync connection could take a considerable time, you may wish to adjust the settings so files are only copied during your lunch-break hours or while you're asleep..."

upplepop
01-27-2004, 02:09 AM
I have been waiting for something like this for a long time. Unfortunately, I will not be able to use it for two reasons:
1. It's for PPC2003, I have 2002.
2. Most of my files are in .ogg format, not mp3.

Guess I'll have to wait a bit longer :(

OSUKid7
01-27-2004, 02:22 AM
Plus! DME does this too.

arebelspy
01-27-2004, 02:24 AM
Plus! DME does this too.

Not freeware though, is it? ;)

-arebelspy

l0o5er
01-27-2004, 02:32 AM
great product concept. Would be nice if wma support was added too.

JackTheTripper
01-27-2004, 06:42 AM
great product concept. Would be nice if wma support was added too.

And 2002 support. :( I need a new PDA! :cry:

l0o5er
01-27-2004, 06:57 AM
I since downloaded it & found that it does have wma support

ctmagnus
01-27-2004, 07:01 AM
I since downloaded it & found that it does have wma support

:rock on dude!:

Now if that ActiveSync speed issue could just be worked out...

hamishmacdonald
01-27-2004, 10:57 AM
Ehh. Good idea, and probably perfect in 2.0. I had a lot of trouble getting it to recognise my playlists -- in fact, I couldn't get it to recognise them at all! It consistently downloaded from ten to twenty songs, and no more (regardless of whether I'd told it it could use all the space o*n my CF or SD cards). And the songs it uploaded bore no resemblance to what was in that playlist.

Also, I rely a lot o*n WMP's ability to compress music o*n the fly, and to remember what level of compression I want to use for each storage space (e.g. heavy compression for my spoken word files o*n SD, less compression for my music CF card). This conduit doesn't access that feature, merely copying files from one place to another.

In the end, I stumbled across a nice feature in Windows I'm going to use instead of this: I can just right-click o*n a playlist o*n the desktop and tell it to copy to my device, and the songs all queue up nicely in WMP, and are stored in their own folder o*n the device.

P.S. The playlist ActiveSync conduit is freeware.

PocketPC Addict
01-27-2004, 05:08 PM
I gave this add-on a try and it worked just great to randomly sync songs to my storage card. My only problem was my Activesync icon keeps spinning when it's enabled. Has anyone else noticed this or is it just me?

jngold_me
01-30-2004, 01:08 AM
My only problem was my Activesync icon keeps spinning when it's enabled. Has anyone else noticed this or is it just me?

I have the same problem. It winds up there are unresolved items and AS continues to try to resolve them automatically. I have to manually press the Stop button. It gets a bid annoying.

Any way of contacting the developer?

l0o5er
01-30-2004, 01:44 AM
The developer Bjarke Viksøe's contact details are on his web site.

I've had similar problems which I have communicated to him & he is working on remedying them.

upplepop
12-06-2004, 07:29 PM
The link given in the article is broken. Here is the new website in case anyone is interested:

http://www.viksoe.dk/code/playlistsync.htm