View Full Version : IPAQ 3970/Sandisk WIFI Card - connection problem

mike_mullen
01-25-2004, 11:30 PM
I am having great trouble establishing a Wireless Network connection with the following Hardware:

- IPAQ 3970 with both the 2.10 ROM update and SDIO card update installed. I installed the Pocket PC 2002 drivers from the website.
- Sandisk SD Wifi Card.
- Netgear DBG34G Wireless Access Point/Modem/Router. This is setup with 128-bit WEP key (This works as I have a laptop which will connect without any problem). I have added the MAC ID of the SD card into the list of "Trusted" Wireless Stations. Access Control is not turned on. Broadcast of SSID is enabled.

When I insert the card, I goto the "AP Browser". The network is not listed, but sporadically will seem to appear in the active SSID list. Signal strength shows as 100%, Access Point and with a WEP Key as expected. I then add this to my preferred profiles. I then select the "128-bit HEX" WEP Parameter and key in the matching WEP key to match my router. I then press Apply when I select the preferred profile.

The Status tab is then displayed and one of two things happen
a) Nothing, status just shows "Associating - SSID", Sometimes I can get "BSSID display" I appear to have a good link signal and strength but when I enter Internet Explorere I get a message "The page you are looking for cannot be found". The connection then drops after what appears to be a random time interval.

Can anyone give me some pointers at things to look at.

Many thanks in advance from a frustrated user.
Mike

Janak Parekh
01-25-2004, 11:31 PM
Since this sounds like a problem where non-iPAQers might be able to help, I'm suggesting everyone post replies to his post in the Wireless forum:

http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=23633&highlight=

Please don't crosspost. Thanks! :)

--janak