View Full Version : WMP 9 PPC playlist creator puts songs in reverse order!

maikii
01-24-2004, 10:26 PM
Someone had suggested that while ripping songs from CD, to put the track number (01, etc.) before each song name, so that WMP would put the songs in the same order as on the CD, rather than in alphabetical order.

The program I used previously to rip CDs to WMAs (Roxio CD and DVD Creator 6) wouldn't do that automatically (or at least I didn't figure out how to do so), and I didn't want to bother doing it manually on each track.

Now, however, I discovered a freeware program, CDEX, that will rip CDs, and that you can set to automatically put the track number in front of each track, as the writer here suggested. So, I recently started using that program to rip, instead of Roxio.

However--when I create the playlists on the PPC (IPAQ 2210, WM2003, WMP9 PPC) put all the ripped songs from the CD (that are together in a folder on the CF card) into the playlist, it orders them backwards!! THe last song from the CD is first on the playlist, and the first song from the CD appears last!!

How to get WMP 9 PPC to order the songs in ascending numbers rather than descending?