View Full Version : Advice on Organizing MP3's/WMA's

shawnc
01-24-2004, 03:35 PM
I just had the hardest time trying to do something that I thought would be very simple. My wife has a CD that she insist's I will like if I give it a try (my wife is 13 years younger than I and our musical tastes are very different - she hip-hop, me-motown/jazz). Anyway, I have a considerable amount of my music on my 512mb sd card. I wanted to add her CD to my sd card but create a sub-folder under my music. This way it would be easy to manage and delete the entire cd without having to search through my entire sd card.

However, when I added a sub-folder and tried to playback on my ipaq I could not find any of the files. Is that because wmp9 does not allow folders below my music? That would seem awfully restrictive, but nothing would surprise me at this point.

Any suggestions on how I can create a "temporary" folder to house music that I don't want to become a part of my permanent collection?

UPDATE - I figured out an alternative solution. Apparently my music does NOT have to be in a My Music folder. I simply moved the Alicia Keys CD out of the My Music folder (on the sd card). My ipaq still reads it. Now I can create a playlist with just the AK music and it will be much easier to delete the songs in question when/if I get to that point. Whew!

Thanx,

famousdavis
01-24-2004, 04:12 PM
(my wife is 13 years younger than I...

Some guys have all the luck. :devilboy:

shawnc
01-25-2004, 03:13 AM
Some guys have all the luck. :devilboy:

:rofl: