View Full Version : Wifi.......really?

DustyLBottoms
01-23-2004, 09:15 PM
Saw this on the WIFI standards website.

Apparantly Palm is offering WIFI on some of their base models now! :roll:

http://mysite.verizon.net/res0tmx9/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/wifi.jpg

Yeah....everywhere but there

JustinGTP
01-24-2004, 07:32 AM
I dont see the picture. Can you correct the link or host it yourself?

DustyLBottoms
01-24-2004, 07:51 AM
there...that should fix it Sorry about that. :D

JustinGTP
01-24-2004, 07:52 AM
Lol, now I get it. Does that palm even have a colour screen? Why would it have WiFi if its greyscale lol!

Aerestis
01-24-2004, 08:25 AM
I played with a palm today. They are actually extremely nice to use. To be honest, I liked the workflow vibes more than the iPaq. But whats with the price, less features for the same price... Maybe it had a camera... I didn't get it, it seemed over priced. But I'm sorry, I don't get the significance of palm getting wifi? Is it good or bad? or silly? Or perhaps very late... I guess iPaqs and other windows models have had it for a while now. Sorry, I'm still new to this stuff :D

Will I get hate notes for saying I liked a Palm or anything? hehe

DustyLBottoms
01-24-2004, 02:00 PM
the significance is that the model shown doen't have it. ;)

Aerestis
01-24-2004, 08:24 PM
haha, that's kind of funny. I wonder why they would have composed an advertisement for this if the model shown is apparently a year or two old. But I'm sure that model could be could be capable, couldn't it? I think the whole greenish looking screen deal isn't because it's an older ugly model, but because that woman is on the perfect angle for her green shirt to be reflected on the screen.

JustinGTP
01-24-2004, 08:28 PM
Trust us, we know PDAs. That is an anciet Palm without a colour screen, and without WiFi. You cannot get WiFi for it!

-Justin.

dorelse
01-24-2004, 08:34 PM
You CAN get wi-fi on some old greyscale Palm PDA's. Xircom had a Wi-Fi sled for Palm PDA's, and a Handspring Springboard.

My Xircom worked really well on my Visor Edge...really well. As long as that model m105 I'm guessing...used the UC, it could use the Wi-Fi sled.

(Ok I know its not in the picture...but it is possible.) :mrgreen: