View Full Version : Good days and great days!

mberry
01-23-2004, 04:25 AM
The day i got Windows XP on my home computer was a good day.
The day i got Windows XP on my work computer was also a good day.
The day i got remote desktop working between my home computer and work computer was a good day.
The day i got remote desktop working between my ipaq and my work AND home computer was a good day.
The day i got my ipaq to sync with my home computer wirelessly was a good day.
Today... today is a great day... I just got my ipaq to sync with my work computer wirelessly through remote desktop.

(just shared this breakthrough with my wife and got a glazed over look and a "thats great sweety, now quiet ER is on")

So i figured i would toot my own horn to my fellow PPCs (because i had to tell someone). I am such a geek and loving every minute of it. Isnt technology great.

JustinGTP
01-23-2004, 04:45 AM
Lol, thats great!

But, Alas! Think of what the future beholds!

Ed Hansberry
01-23-2004, 05:55 AM
Today... today is a great day... I just got my ipaq to sync with my work computer wirelessly through remote desktop.
technically, you watched yourself sync via Remote Desktop, but you didn't sync through Remote Desktop. That doesn't work as AS doesn't work over RDP. You were connected to your PC via TCP/IP somehow - RAS, VPN, Etc.

Still - cool! :way to go: I left my laptop at work tonight and will be VPN'ing into our LAN from my home WLAN with my 2215 and will ActiveSync and transfer about 2MB of Audible that will download before I wake up. :mrgreen: