View Full Version : Pretec Presenter and Clearvue

Anthony Caruana
01-23-2004, 04:16 AM
Hi there

I have a Pretec Compact Presenter Card (the same card as the IA Presenter but rebadged). It works well in my iPAQ 2210 with the software that comes with it.

However, I'm a little disappointed in the quality of my presentations using it. I suspect that the Compact Presenter software that ships with it does not do a great job of converting the presentation from ppt. to .iap (its presentation format).

The Clearvue preentation viewer software does not do any conversion and supports a number of different VGA cards but not mine.

Does anyone have any idea of how to get the Clearvue software to "see" my Pretec card and use it for presentation output.

I've tried Pocket Slides and some other solutions and my preference is to have a solution that does not rely on any conversion of my ppt files. Also, I am not interested in buying a different VGA card as the Pretec is pretty good.

I have searched my PPC registry and can not see there a way to make Clearvue see the Pretect card.

TIA

Jorgen
01-23-2004, 07:28 AM
I don't think that is possible as the ClearVue software would have to translate your commands to something your card can read. Ask Westtek is they are about to make their software compatible with your card. And yes, the ClearVue software is very good - I use it with a Margi card.

Jorgen