View Full Version : Looking for Script Software

robshobs
01-23-2004, 02:08 AM
I am wanting to find an application that allows the creation of script or macros that can be excuted via a shortcut link or button assignment. The need comes from using my IPAQ 5555 with my cell phone and GPS. For instance, if I want to use my BT GPS within Mapopolis, I have to turn on BT, create the link to the GPS, start Mapopolis and turn on the GPS. While it is not a big deal to do this, I get tired of doing repetitive keystrokes every day.

Does anyone know of any software that will execute the steps above? And be assigned to both a shortcut and button?

I have done some things using Calligrapher's PenCommander, but you have to write something to execute the script. Not a good idea while driving. Unless someone knows how to execute a PenCommander script from a command line.

I have many such uses. I like to keep my WiFi off when not using it. Since I use it at home, in the office and at hot spots, I could use a script to turn it on and select the correct network. Another script to just turn off the WiFi.

If you have any ideas, please let me know. Thank you.

msprague
01-23-2004, 02:39 AM
You might want to explore VITO Button Mapper (http://vitotechnology.com/products/buttonmapper.html). In addition to custom button mapping it has this feature:
stylus tap emulation
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This great feature allows you to train ButtonMapper to perform stylus taps right on the touchscreen of your PocketPC! In learn mode the program records stylus tap and its coordinate on the touchscreen and assigns it to a hardware button. You can record either one tap or a sequence of taps using recording tool with step-by-step instructions. Stylus tap emulation is extremely helpful when used with application specific bindings. For example, you can enter program menu and navigate in it without stylus using just keypad and Action!

k_kirk
01-23-2004, 10:03 AM
There is one freeware solution. It is quite powerful though so use at your own risk and with great care.

Look for nScriptM on http://www.geocities.com/s_k_s_k_s_kru/util.html

Good luck!

robshobs
01-23-2004, 11:08 PM
msprague - I tried Vito Button Mapper but it doesn't work with CalliGrapher. I like GalliGrapher too much to give it up. I also could not find out how to execute a macro as a shortcut link. Thank you for the tip.

robshobs
01-23-2004, 11:10 PM
k_kirk - I downloaded nScriptM but I'm a little worried. While I do consider myself to be pretty technical, I'm afraid it may be a little too much for what I need. I'll install and see how far I can get. Thanks.