View Full Version : Active Sync Vs Avantgo

cklaszlo
01-22-2004, 10:32 PM
We are setting up a very simple (for now) PDA interface with our site. This first phase will gather the News from our site and reformat it to PDA displays. There will also be some simple DB search of old News Items. In the near future we will add in the rest of the Database and also a PDA version of the Message boards.

My questions are our users and how they get the info on their PDA? I myself access on WiFi and browse to the site. But I know most of our users will not have WiFi PDAs. I know Avantgo is an easy solution but it really does a number on the layout and make the site look really ugly on PDA. I'm talking about the PDA version of our site. Is it better to try to have the end users PDA active Sync with our site for the news updates? If this is the case, here is a newbie question ( lol ) how do we go about setting that up? Is it really hard? Most of us are Web Coders (php, mysql etc.) and not C++.

Thanks for the help!

Xander

dmacburry2003
01-22-2004, 11:41 PM
The users can go in themselves in IE and press "Create Mobile Favorite...".
Obviously one of Microsoft's more better ideas...

cklaszlo
01-23-2004, 03:23 PM
What does that do? Doesn't that just sync up a link to the site but not actual content?