View Full Version : Sending photos via e-mail on XDA II

Kadegboye
01-22-2004, 04:24 AM
I use XDA II on T-Mobile as my carrier. I have tried many times unsuccessfully to wirelessly e-mail pictures I had taken with my XDA II. I contacted T-Mobile Technical Dept but I was told that T-Mobile is incapable of transmitting MMS signals at this time. Does anybody have this experience? Is there any solution?
Kay.

Janak Parekh
01-22-2004, 06:49 AM
T-Mobile does support MMS, but it's tricky to find out the settings. You might want to look on HowardForums.com -- MMS with 3rd-party phones has been discussed there extensively. :) I haven't tried it with an XDA II, though, since I don't have one...

--janak

cyclist
01-22-2004, 02:58 PM
Looks like there's some confusion here. There are two ways to transmit photos from an XDA - by email or by MMS. These are NOT the same thing. I've seen reports that some carriers don't support MMS as well as GPRS on the same device, so if TMobile is one of these then it won't be possible to send a picture by MMS.

Can you send text email? If so, then you should be able to send your pictures as attachments to email. Create an email, then use Edit->Add Attachment to select your picture file and insert it as an attachment to the email. Then send the email in the normal way.

ppc
03-02-2004, 04:07 PM
I have tried many times unsuccessfully to wirelessly e-mail pictures I had taken with my XDA II. I contacted T-Mobile Technical Dept but I was told that T-Mobile is incapable of transmitting MMS signals at this time.

You are mixing two different methods of sending pictures - email & MMS. Sending by email is preferable if you have a TMobile data plan as it is very easy and free.

After taking a picture, you can click the message (envelope) icon to email the picture IF your SMTP server is properly configured. This works very well on my XDA II. If it doesn't work, it may help to verify that you can send a email without attachment (ie. SMTP properly configured). Are you able to receive Email or brose the web (ie. GPRS properly configured).

Hope this helps.

Kadegboye
03-03-2004, 07:22 AM
I know that I can send the photos as an attachment to an e-mail. I just wanted to send it via MMS. However, I have not had time to try your suggested different methods. Thanks to you all for your response.
Kay.

Janak Parekh
03-03-2004, 04:15 PM
I've seen reports that some carriers don't support MMS as well as GPRS on the same device, so if TMobile is one of these then it won't be possible to send a picture by MMS.
I know T-Mobile supports MMS -- I was using it on my T68 about a year ago -- but they don't document the settings well for phones they don't officially support.

--janak