View Full Version : Handspring Visor to... a pocket PC?

NewWave
01-21-2004, 06:39 PM
I have been researching out the wazzoo.... I want a pda with integrated 802.11b wireless that ALSO has a voice recorder option. Apparently Palm can't figure this out because the only ones I can find are PPC's. I have used my Visor for 4 years and like it a lot, but would like to be able to sync via wireless instead of the USB cradle (for various reasons to long to explain here :)

What I can't find in documentation of any PPC is this:

is there any function in outlook similar to the "finanace" one on Palm desktop software. It takes my expenses and handily plugs them into an excel worksheet that calculates totals, mileage, etc., that I can print off for reimbursment. I don't see anything about that with PPC's and/or outlook. Is there even a similar program that comes with 2003 mobile to track expenses in this way (one that let's you generate an remibursement claim/form for work) I use this function almost as much as the calendar or addresses, so it's a must if I'm going to switch.

I am currently looking most at the Dell Axim X3i, but have also looked as some Ipaq's (4415 and 5555 I think). Would like the Tungsten C in palm but, of course, no voice recorder :(

anybody know anything or have any advice that would be helpful??

thanks in advance

Kevin Remhof
01-21-2004, 06:53 PM
I haven't tried it myself, but... Microsoft has a PowerToy for the Pocket PC called "Pocket PC Expense". It looks like it should be able to do what you want.

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobile/resources/downloads/pocketpc/powertoys.mspx

You could try using just a plain Excel spreadsheet but that would be a chore.

dmacburry2003
01-21-2004, 07:32 PM
Microsoft Money for Pocket PC is good and free, but it can not print or import/export to Excel. It keeps track of several accounts; cash, checking, etc. It also takes things down like a checkbook and keeps track of stocks.

It can, however, sync with your PC if you have Money 2004. So if you have MS Money 04, you can print from there.

dmacburry2003
01-21-2004, 07:33 PM
Or you can just buy a feature rich expense tracker. ie. Mastersoft Money