View Full Version : How do I do a Hard Reset on an iPaq 3955?

tregnier
01-20-2004, 02:40 PM
This is such a simple question...but I can't find the answer in my documentation; and the archives are so obscure. I screwed up my iPaq by loading beta software and now can do nothing on it. I need a hard reset but can't remember the combination of buttons to push when resetting.

Can someone help please? 8O

Steven Cedrone
01-20-2004, 02:55 PM
From this thead: (http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=14248&)

How do I hard reset my 3955?

Hold down the calendar and today buttons (the two outer buttons on the lower left and lower right) then using a stylus press and hold for at least five seconds the soft reset button. The screen should reset and you will now need to press the soft reset button again to power on the unit.

Steve

tregnier
01-20-2004, 03:00 PM
Thanks, Steve. I appreciate your quick response. You 'da man!

I could find no reference to a hard reset in the reference documentation from HP. I wonder Whazzup with that?

tregnier
01-20-2004, 03:14 PM
Sprite Backup is the BEST! The .exe file option makes restoration a breeze...and it has again saved my a#*.

Steven Cedrone
01-20-2004, 03:15 PM
Sprite Backup is the BEST! The .exe file option makes restoration a breeze...and it has again saved my a#*.

No argument there!!! It has saved me quite a few times... :way to go:

Steve

MNutt
03-18-2007, 04:23 PM
O.K., here is a new issue for me: I have what appears to be a software issue on one of my hp 3955s. I have TRIED to do a hard reset following the instructions outlined earlier in this thread (press and hold the two outside buttons, calendar and today, while simultaneously pressing and holding the soft reset button with the stylus) but cannot get it to do a hard reset! Despite holding it for as long as a minute, it refuses to hard reset! Boy, after living in fear of an accidental hard reset -now I can't get it to do it at all! BTW: In the 5 years I have been using a 3955, I HAVE done a hard reset a few times before without incident.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this subject?