View Full Version : Pocket WiNc by Cirond & Ipaq 4355

redroader
01-20-2004, 03:02 AM
I'm using the above cobmination and I have to say I'm impressed. One annoyance though that I can't seem to work around: When an access point is detected, the Ipaq software (built in?) pops up over the WiNc screen and asks if I want to connect. It covers much of the WiNc access point listings and it's a pain in the butt! I've turned off the 'automatically connect to non-preffered networks' options in the Ipaq network settings page but the damn pop-up keeps popping up. Ideas anyone?

__didi__
01-21-2004, 06:44 PM
I'm using Pocketwinc on my iPAQ 4150 and I'm impressed too.
I have the same problem and cannot solve it.
If anyone has a tip I would appreciate it.

With my system it is not possible to get an IP with Pocketwinc until the iPAQ tool got one. This prevents Pocketwinc from checking if a Internet-connection is available.
I think this is worse than the stupid popups every now and then.

Is it possible to turn off the detection with the iPAQ tool?
This would pretty much solve our problem.

Another question: What is with the developer of Pocketwinc? I cannot reach the company website www.cirond.com.
Maybe there is a solution.

dorelse
01-21-2004, 09:20 PM
I'm a pretty new 4355 owner (love it), who's had a T|C in the past. On the Palm side there's an awesome program called NetChaser.

Is the software you're discussing the best option for the PPC side, (not criticizing, just haven't tried any yet), or are there other options?

Thanks!

AL904a
01-22-2004, 02:08 PM
I tried Pocket Winc on my i555, and it interfered with my built-in WiFi connection manager.

I wish there was a better solution for Windows Mobile 2003.